Make CM Gear available for all classes?

Prestigious stuff was prestigious at the time. I enjoyed parading my mage tower appearances around while the content was current, I don’t care if they’re just unlocked for everybody now.

People who fanatically defend their “prestigious badges” in videogames are pathetic.

2 Likes

Care to try to articulate why? I mean, you’ve expressed the viewpoint, now back it up with some logic.

1 Like

Its not that its just i dont feel like i would have earnt it you know ? i mean i did on priest but it wouldnt feel right on druid .

1 Like

Nevermind then, if you’ll just cherry pick half sentences to paint me as ‘I want this on all my chars’, there’s little point trying to debate.

It was harder for some classes than others. Especially when not doing them with a guild group. So naaah

This is legit the first thing I thought of when seeing the topic title :wink:

On the topic itself though, this is certainly a request we see come up every so often. I can understand the allure of it, I only earned the Priest and Mage sets and would love the Paladin one but I wasn’t actively playing a Paladin back then so I wouldn’t have really “earned” it if it was unlocked now.

As such, at present we still don’t have any plans to retroactively grant access to all the Challenge Mode armor sets if you earned one or more of them back during Mists.

6 Likes

Well have you guys considered making it a periodic event tied to MoP timewalking? The itemlevel-scaling could make it a valid content, probably more difficult too considering at the end of MoP people boosted this for close to 0 money/gold. Personally I think if someone can complete it now with the CORRECT scaling, there is no reason for it to be denied from them. I see no issue with someone getting it now if they put at least the effort we had to put into it, even tho it wouldn’t change a thing for me as I have all of the ones I like and use.

It would be probably a good idea to motivate your currently active players. Not doing it back then is probably more deep for some than just being lazy. Should they be “punished” for not being able to do it back then because they discovered the game now or had a rough time in life then? I say if they can do it on relatively similar difficulty, there is no reason to not add it, plus it’s one more activity added to blizzard’s new-old direction of self-made group play.

2 Likes

I do understand why you are keeping out of giving us rest of cm sets if we did it on just 1 or few classes but not all, but then i have this question. You say we didnt earn it so wouldnt be fair i gues to get it yet you placed full tier 3 on bmah from original naxx and wotlk naxx 10 glory mount wich was removed. Nothing of that was earned fair way and people now walk in full t3 and with that mount even if they never stepped into naxx. So how is that ok but us asking for rest of cm gear if we did it on some classes is not ok? it is same as t3. let us for once have some fun with transmog. why so strict for no reason on 1 side yet something that was super hard raid in vanilla and should be rare
eh here all of you have t3 from bmah.

1 Like

I’m kind of salty that I cannot transfer my Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode transmog gear to my US character though :frowning: It was super mega hard to heal those as a resto druid because some instances had a lot of bursty damage that, at the time, resto druids were not the best at handling. It felt really good to overcome that challenge.

I worked for that gear damn it! Let me have it back D: But
 I guess I agree, it is best to keep that content locked to the time it was for. At least for a very long time. I would be in support of unlocking it when the 10th expansion releases.

2 Likes

Because we do not have the same stats and ablities anymore and would make it easier it would be cake walk now sorry to say if scaled down.

1 Like

On the other hand, I’d like to see a recolor of the starting gear (Acolyte’s Robe) - the so-called “Gamemaster’s Robe”, available at some event.

“In my opinion, the CM gear looks very good and the art team really made an amazing job with it.”

Which is why I’m rather happy that the Class Armour you can get in Legion from your Order Hall is MOSTLY that old CM set from Mists. Recoloured, different shoulders and possibly different helmet - but otherwise it’s all the same. And at least for Paladins, that thing looked amazing.

I did WoD CM on my DK, why do I then deserve all weapons? Silly logic

Mage tower is something different. CM dungeon doesn’t suddenly morph into something else bases on your class

1 Like

I think they did that to make up for it being a set like in MoP. I would rather they hadn’t done that because it muddies the waters.

I think unless you can do it on that character you don’t deserve it, same as MoP, same as Mage Tower.

1 Like

I’m with you then yes
 It was just very inconsistent from blizz with wod weapons
 Either allow all people who did mop cm to wear the sets on all charakter or restrict the weapons to just the class who did the wod cm back then.

btw, i predict we will soon see highly detailed good looking armor sets on the microtransaction tab
 So pure Bli$$like

It was like that until the very last patch and they didnt see many people running CMs so they decided you could buy the lot for a set price for all chars .I did 3 classes in MOP and i truely believe i dont deserve no matter how much i want it they druid one its that simple .

I did mop cm on 2 chars
 my main warrior and my druid
 speaking about “deserving”
 If this is the case, they should remove all mythic sets from raiding past expansions too then

totally different thing raids havent been removed so 

No they haven’t but the effort you have to put in is similar if not more to cm’s and elite pvp sets (which are removed!)

we do not deserve the sets its that simple and as for your case about WOD your a warrior and can use all weapons in game apart from a wand the armour mog and weapon mog and how things work are totally different .

1 Like