Fistweaver "Hotfix"

Hope you brought some time because this is going to be a looong rant about the recent „nerf“ for Fistweavers.

First of all i want to tell you the perspective from which im writing this. This is not supposed to be a flex, I’m just trying to give you a better understanding from where im writing this. My Name is Ghoranshu im currently Top 30 on Raidlogs, I’m in a World Rank 70 Guild Named Honolulu and currently have 3.3k R io making me Top 20 m+ MW. I touched the game for the first time at the end of Legion, but simply had a pretty steep personal progression curve to end up where i am now. I have been Mistweaver main since the start of BFA. With that done lets get to the interesting Part.

What I am going to be referring to is the recently announced „Hotfix“ for Mistweavers regarding the Lvl 100 row Talent Rising Mist. At the start of 8.3 they buffed it, increasing the Hots everytime you use Rising Sun Kick (RsK) by 4 seconds. Pre that it has been 2 seconds. With the new Hotfix they turned it back to that 2 seconds increase but slightly buffed the healing of Rising Mist itself by 50%. Everybody that has seen a recent Rising Mist log will know tho that Rising Mist healing is absolutly neglegtable and has no worth at all. Changing it to 0 wouldnt make a huge difference, and to make its healing worthy enough you would need to buff it by 400% atleast.

With the 8.3 change of Rising Mist a „new“ build got „discovered“ which basically made ppl stack up to enormous amounts of haste and keep increasing Enveloping and Renewing Mist to an infinte amount. Those „infinite amount“ are all the 200k-500k solohealing Fistweaver HPS logs everybody is going crazy about. As soon as you have reached a certain point of Haste (around 4k which basically needs 1x ineffable truth a few expedient corruptions and a lot of sockets) your hots simply will not run out which creates these horrendous logs. There are maybe like 20 Mistweavers total that have such a high amount of haste to create these numbers. I 100% agree that a nerf was definetly needed.

Now, lets head to the rant :). Why the actual f*ck did you think it was a good idea to NOT NERF BUT INSTEAD REVERT Rising Mist back to pre 8.3 Rising Mist, which was actually so garbage that there wasnt a single Mistweaver that even thought a single second about using it? Why did you change it back to the old way when Mistweavers whole Rotation was go into melee-> press jadewind on cd-> whenever dmg comes in go tft crit buff into essence born while meanwhile being bottom tier raidhealer because of s**t hps and useless raid cds. It was ok back then, but its absolutly boring compared to what fistweaving is now. With the Rising Mist buff you created one of the most fun speccs i have played for a long time and know because you dont know how to proberly nerf and buff stuff you simply revert it back to pre 8.3 Mistweaver?

Just some „small“ thinking processes that might help you in the future:

1. 2 second was garbage and 4 seconds OP. Have you maybe tried using 3 seconds?
  2. Why not cap hots? Maybe a max cap of 10 on renewing mist and a cap of 5 on enveloping mist? That wouldnt affect m+ at all and it would actually be a reasonable amount :).
    And dont f*cking tell me capping hots it too hard. You did the same with Holy paladins in 8.2 who still remain one of the highest hps raidhealers and are best raidhealer in general.

If it wasnt for my guild, my friends, and my m+ group i would be about to leave this game until Shadowlands

4 Likes

You’re in the german forums where people are expected to use that language. The english forums are that way: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/

2 Likes

Jo mein fehler hab ich verpennt. Kann es allerdings nun warum auch immer nicht mehr löschen. Habs dennoch als unangemessen reported und den betrag nochmal auf den englischen seiten verfasst

Spass erkannt wird umgehend von Blizzard entfernt läuft dochvalles wie vorgesehen.

Du musst das verstehen, sie wollen nicht dass ein Healspecc dominiert… Oh warte…

:eyes:

das der haste built generft werden musste ist nicht verwunderlich, aber wie der TE sagt leider an der falschen stelle, target cap, oder nen nerf auf die heilwerte von Renewing und envolping wären da echt angebrachter gewesen, so ist rising mist leider wieder mist XD,
Ich versteh echt nicht warum sie die Verlängerung nicht erstmal auf 3 packen und die obengenannten, anderen Anpassungsvorschläge, dann wäre es vermutlich nicht mehr so extrem wie aktuell. im zweifel kann mans dann immer noch weiter nerfen. so haben sie vermutlich ne komplette Spielweise wieder gekillt, und glimmer beim pala läuft wie eh und je weiter XD

Eben darauf wollte ich hinaus :smiley:
Der nerf ist in dieser Form einfach Mist

ja leider, ich hatte gerade genug haste/gear zusammen und konnte den built einmal probieren, und er ist weg XD. schon ärgerlich.
Da wurde leider wieder an der falschen schraube gedreht beim „hotfix“

Ich denke weil sie das zugrunde liegende Problem damit grundsätzlich lösen wollten, das es mit ausreichend Haste und Cooldown reduktion möglich wird den Hot endlos auf beliebig vielen Spielern im Raid aktiv zu halten. Ich gehe davon aus das bei 3 sekunden es auch noch möglich gewesen wäre mit entsprechend höheren Anforderungen an das gear.
Soweit ich mich zurück erinnere waren endlos laufende oder sich selbst erneuernde Hot/Dot Effekte noch nie erwünscht und wurden immer schnellst möglich mit einem Hotfix beglückt.

EditedApril 20 12:30 p.m. PDT

We’re iterating on this change at this time, and holding off making the change previously listed here until we’ve tested other possible solutions.

Thank you!

Es geschehen noch Zeichen und Wunder, siehe US-Forum! :rofl:

1 Like

besser als das sie aufgrund von einer winzigen Zahl an Leuten den build mit den Änderungen die sie vorhatten zerstören würden.
mal schauen wie ich gehe fast von den Caps aus.

Oder einfach so lassen, wie das Talent geplant war, und EM einfach nicht als validen Spell zulassen.
Problem gelöst.

wäre natürlich auch möglich, müsste man halt schauen wies sich auswirkt.
aufjedenfall muss was mit EM gemacht werden, da hier die meiste Hps rausgeholt wird.

Das Talent (die Verlängerung der hots ob mit oder ohne EM)aber bitte so lassen. ich würde es gerne als validen konkurrenzfähigen (nicht mit völlig absurden Hpswerten)Spielstil gerne behalten.

Dafür bin ich auch.
Einfach so machen, dass Hots wie bisher theoretisch unendlich aktiv gehalten werden können, aber halt mit Ausnahme von EM.
Sobald man nämlich anfangen muss, Vivify zu benutzen, würden einzelne ReM automatisch anfangen auszulaufen und es ist bedeutent schwerer, 20 ReM auf den Raid zu bekommen, als 20x EM.

Das Grundproblem ist ja das „unendlich aktivhalten“ unabhängig vom HoT. Bei EM fällt es nur am meisten auf.
Mal schauen was ihr nächster Fix vorsieht.

Edit: scheint nen cap auf die Laufzeit zu werden
„Rising Mist can now extend a heal-over-time effect by up to 100% of its original duration.“

Damit wird Fistweaver im Raid unspielbar

du fährst halt nicht mehr diese immense hps, müssen jetzt halt durch die Änderung den spielstil ein wenig anpassen, es kommt mir aktuell im Prinzip halt fast wie diszi vor bald kommt schaden rein hots verteilen, verlängern. schaden kommt vivify, denke man es geht jetzt eher Richtung Schadensspitzen abfangen.

Du kannst nur noch bis zu 6 Renewing Mists oben halten. Da kannst du gleich mit Essenzfont spielen. Das ganze gesammelte Haste Gear ist jetzt auch wertlos. Die meisten Monks hatten sowieso nicht diese extremen haste Werte um die Hots 100% aufrecht zu halten. War ein Nerf für die Elite den aber alle abbekommen.

1 Like

Find ich gut xD man nimmt sich ne Woche zeit um dann nen nerf zu bringen der im Grunde fast noch schlimmer is… also in meinen kopf rollen dann im Schnitt nur 4 hots durch den Raid.

Was machen sie grad? Ist der nerf schon durch? Oder wann soll der dann kommen?