“Failed - Network Error” - Battle.Net Client Download Issues

Hi,

I used to play Warzone, worked all fine. Factory reset my PC and now I’m trying to download the Battle.Net client to re-install Warzone on my PC.

Every time I try to download it, the download hits the halfway point and then I get a “Failed - Network Error” message.

Read a ton of Blizzard forum posts, Reddit threads, watched YT videos on how to fix it and nothing works for me.

What should I do?

1 Like

Hi,

This forum is mostly to provide comments on the Battle.Net Desktop App… Blizzard rarely replies here.

Not sure what troubleshooting you’ve already tried, but you may want to try these (the words in blue are links to additional info that may be useful):

Also check for Windows and driver (video card, mouse/keyboard, etc.) updates.

The next support article has an unrelated title, but it shows how to completely uninstall the Battle.Net App and clearing all its caches and then how to re-install it; the link to re-install the Battle.Net Desktop App (last step) is broken so use https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/download/ instead (scroll down past the GAMES section) – again, the words in blue are links to additional info.

If all the above does not solve the issue…

I was going to suggest that you move your post to the Classic Games Tech Support forum but I noticed that the first digit in your BattleTag number is a “1”. That normally indicates that you are from somewhere in the Americas.

If that is the case, you should probably use the Desktop App Tech Support forum and create a new topic there (don’t use a topic that already exist – create your own). If you are in Europe, click on the pencil tool to the right of the title and change the category from « Feedback Discussion » to « Classic Games Tech Support »… save the changes to move the topic from this forum to the Classic Games Tech Support forum. There is another recent topic there from a player having trouble installing Battle.Net and it is still active… let’s keep your case separate.

Alternatively, or if you cannot get help on the forum, you could submit a web ticket to contact Blizzard Support directly; use https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/808/1202/solution and click the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page to start the process. You will need to provide some files and you can provide screenshots. List the troubleshooting you have already done in the Description box.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck with this.

Same. I installed Windows 11 complett new and I can’t install the Battle.net client. I get the Network Massage…