Account Hacked and Location Changed

I haven’t touched battle.net in a long time since I played overwatch in around 2017, and I recently came back to see that someone had changed some of my details, thankfully my password hadn’t changed though. I went through to change them back to what they should be and set up blizzard authenticator so this doesn’t happen again.

When I went to put my phone number in it said this phone number couldn’t be used for SMS protect. I suspect this is because my country was changed for some reason from the UK to Algeria. So I go to see how I can change my country and it asks for verification via ID - which I suspect is the process the hacker used.

My question is when I upload my ID as verification, would they still have access to the photo the hacker most likely used and compare it to that? Would something happen to my account if they mistook the hacker for the original owner? I hadn’t had that kind of information on my account at the time. Is there also anything else I need to be aware of before I go through with this?

Not sure if you’ve sorted it now but I wouldn’t worry. Blizzard can see the name on the account when you set it up as well as changes so when you present your photo I’d they’ll see you are genuine, the creator of the account. Also if you have previously purchased anything on blizzard with your card details that’ll also back up who you are.

Hi Exiles,

As long as you originally registered the account yourself and with your own details, you won’t have any issues. For more info about this and where to request the update, head over to this article: Blizzard Country / Region Change.