Blizzard, we need this. (Can't post in Classic Forum btw)

So, I usually never really post in the forums or even visit them other than to, of course, inform myself about the current player experience that might be similar to mine.

As of late however, with all the exciting new additions to World of Warcraft like the emotes overhaul and the various update of in-Game hand drawn portrays, as well as full body paintings (!) I am really compelled by the current rise of refreshing commitment by the developers.

Since this might be the right time to post it, as we are currently seeing some old classics reforged before our eyes to fit the ever changing public opinion of our modern society, I would like to make a suggestion. I’d like to see these changes come to retail over the course of the next few patches, that’d be really great!

And I’m really excited about it!

Now, I was looking forward to post this in the official, classic Blizzard Forums, however I need a paying subscription for World of Wacraft for it, so I’ll just post it here instead and hope that a developer might take this to the growing and active WoW Team.

With all this being said, I want to say: Thank you, Blizzard.
Over the years I felt like nobody really understands what I need and want even though I had communicated it ever so often in my life - and finally, after some bad things that had happened this year, the company I grew up with and shaped my personal developement joins in on the change.

Now, of course, as a traditional, hardcore WoW Roleplay fan, I usually stick around the Level 1 to 20 range and enjoy myself in the old, classic world that is Azeroth. Often times visiting the taverns of the most populated RP Servers to engage myself in various single, duo or group activities I get offered over the whisper channel.

However, sometimes I encounter elaborate, quite often so offensive direct messages I really don’t like to enjoy, I know there are various possibilities to change that experience for me, but I think the best approach, with all the unwanted whispers I and many of my friends get, think that this function is generally over-reaching my boundaries I feel most comfortable with. In fact, even the name ‘whisper’ is just so weird at this point, you know like, someone crawls up on you and just whispers something into your ear! It’s kind of icky and violating in a sense.

So one of my first suggestions would be: Remove Whispers! - Or at least call them hoots as an homage to the Nightelf Sentinels famous quote: “Give a hoot, don’t pollute.” I think that’d be a really cute addition and actually draw me back into the experience! Since I can’t really enjoy WarCraft III for some reason, mostly because I don’t have much time for it (maybe a mobile WC3 Dota would be great? Actually based? Actually pog? Modders where are you?) - I’d love to get that bit of my nostalgia tickled ever so often when I get down with someone.

Anyway, the most discomforting thing however is the experience I have with people in the town and most common taverns: There is a disgusting thing, that’s called ‘Slutmog’ in the player community. Now, I know you guys read and log user experiences and exchanges and mayhaps even take a peek from time to time there with those watchful eyes of yours, - and might have found players stand there all idle and silent in inapproriate, outrageous close distances and various positions. Now I do have a couple of things in mind that could really draw back the lore fanatical roleplayers which were displeased with the overall course of the WoW story and their various protagonists we all got to know and love over the years, especially Sylvanas (really like her new armor, compared to the old ones! Brings out her colors without revealing too much.)
So there is my second suggestion: Tasteful Armor for Women!

I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but I think this is the next step into the right direction we have prepared ourselves for in the last couple of years. I can already hear the outcry of all the thousand players and even a dissatisfied boop from a bot or two, but hear me out: You don’t need the absolute territory to shine. Women look great in anything they wear, so why should they ever need to wear something revealing at all? We don’t the thigh highs and plated overknees or panties. The Bikini Armor is just all too much, I rather enjoy myself as a tugged in robe wearing goldshire explorant and just love the classic Level 1 robe design the most. I sometimes even like to show less from time to time, hiding away the face in general to have people guessing, which is really close to the old GM Design which we just don’t get to see ever so often in these day and ages, seen here: http…s://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowwiki/images/9/95/Gms.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20051011215723. Just of course going a step beyond that with this: http…s://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/74410-abjurers-hood.jpg classical headpiece.

Some people didn’t like that and said it’s a ‘burkha’ but I do like to represent myself as much as possible and, you know, just be my avatar - it’s really just who I am, so if people are offended by my muslim heritage and belief that is there thing, there is just too much hate in the world to begin with, so why don’t we shape it up with a redesign (or should I say reforge? wink wink) of the female armory with a lovely burkha update that re-imagines the woman’s appearance and puts it into a new, graceful light and perspective.

The third suggestion I have tho, might be a bit silly at this point, compared to the others. I thought we could, instead of course, like, literally removing gender/sex or just the women from the game, make everyone just automatically poof into the shape of a kobold once they enter a city or tavern. - You haven’t touched your candle yet, Blizzard.

So, what do you think Blizzard? It’s time to head into a brighter future! That’s about it. Thanks for reading, I hope this put a smile to your face! http…s://i.imgur.com/kl7HFmh.png

1 Like