COD: MW Crash to Desktop

Hi all,

Don’t know if if I’m alone with this issue or not, but would appreciate some help. Since the latest update, COD: MW closes itself without warning when I open the game. Sometimes (rarely) I can get to the menus, and in a couple of instances, I have even been able to get into a multiplayer game, but still the game crashes. There is no error presented on screen, and no error in event logs. I have just found the logs location for Battle.Net (C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Battle.net\Logs) and all of them show the following: “[1203/165840.588:ERROR:mf_video_decoder.cc(747)] Unsupported codec by MfVideoDecoder: 6
I’ve had a Google but haven’t been able to find a fix. Some pages suggested a cache problem, but didn’t give details on what cache to clear.

I have tried the following so far:

• Clean Reinstall of Graphics Drivers (GeForce Game Ready Driver v457.51)
  • Update to Windows 10 20H2
  • Reinstall COD: MW
  • Repair COD: MW
  • Reinstall Battle.Net Launcher
  • Run chkdsk /r /f on the SSD that the game is installed (no errors)
  • Run sfc /scannow (no errors)

To my knowledge, I don’t have problems with any other games. However, I don’t have any other Battle.Net games to test.

Let me know if you need any more info. It was working fine at the weekend.

Cheers,

Ed

EDIT
I have rolled back my graphics driver back 2 versions but still get same issue. I can’t play at all, help! :frowning:

2 Likes

i just want to say to you, that i have the same problem, i made all the steps that you did above and nothing, i was also buy the modern warfare with the hope that the game will run without any other crash, and guess what :slight_smile: didn’t work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello i have the same problem.
Warzone sometime crash without error code and sometimes crach with this error code " 0x0000000142c11c988367023 0x0000005 ModernWarfare.exe "

We are only able to provide assistance with our Classic Games Tech (Diablo II, Starcraft, etc…) via this forum. For any issues with the Activision games (Black Ops, Modern Warfare/Warzone) please refer to this support article.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/248470