Contrived Launcher

I really dislike the launcher in its current format. It’s so heavily focused on trying to sell games to me, even though I own many of them, that I am having difficulty even getting to see a list of games I own.

So instead of giving me a clear menu of games I already have in my repertoire, I have to sift through a contrived menu of pretty much everything else. I can’t even find how to get access to games like my original Diablo II for installation, because the only mention of Diablo II is Resurrected, which I don’t own because I think the price is a rip-off. €40 for a graphics overlay on a game I already own. Shameful.

I used to talk for hours with friends about how Blizzard was one of the best games producers in the industry and how much they put other companies to shame with their attention to detail and high quality and very playable content. But now I feel embarrassed to have ever been such a fanboi of theirs. I can’t stand (or understand) the direction this company has taken.

D2R is another shining example of how out of touch they are in the industry now, and their launcher - garbage!

Hi:

You could mark the games you own as “Favourites” and have only those show up in your launcher.

To mark a game as Favourite, click on ALL GAMES and click the star in the top left corner of the games you own. When you’re down, click ALL GAMES again to hide the game list.

You can even arrange the order that the games you own will show up by dragging them left or right.

This, and other tips, are listed in this post:

Here’s a screenshot of my launcher – I own only one game, so it’s a fairly clean layout:
https://i.imgur.com/gEurRPR.jpg   (paste the link in your browser to see the screenshot)

=========================================================================================

Diablo II is not handled by the new launcher – it’s too old.

Use the following Support article to install it :

If you run into problems, post on the Classic Games Tech Support forum for help.

Cheers !

Thanks for the info, Boubou. I’ll check out the solutions.

1 Like