Diablo 2 lod wont install

hi, im trying to install diablo 2 LOD a second time now (the first time it worked fine) because i have bought a new key so i could play with my dad, and he could use the other key and the cd because we only have one. but then it gave me this error: The file “d2music.mpq” in archive “” could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive). so i tried to uninstall normal diablo 2 and tried to use the old cd key on the blizzard website it wouldnt work, so i downloaded the normal game again from the cd and now it will only run in windowed mode, and also when i was trying to download lod from the website with my cd it gave an error saying: object doesn’t support property or method “keys” and some other errors i dont know what to do, so i would like you help.
Thanks.

1 Like

This error is usually caused by using different installation media for Diablo II and Lord of Destruction (Example : Downloading Diablo II and then attempting to install LoD from a CD ROM).

To fix this, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the game, but using the same media for both. If you are using CD ROM, you need to install both Diablo II and LoD from their respective CD ROM’s. If you only have access to one, then remove the CD from your drive and download both game clients from here instead.