Diablo 2: Long ban for simply switching characters?

Hi. So I have decided to play some D2 after many years of not touching it. I kind of forgot about the hidden rules about switching characters too fast, and switched between my main and a couple of mules a few times (joining my same password protected game) in a minute.
This got me banned yesterday and it has been over 12 hours now.

The account is *** and a character is ***.

Could you please now go ahead and unban me?

Thanks

Hello Asu,

Nobody here in the forum can as we have no access to accounts. Please open a ticket and the colleagues will have a look into it. I am not sure what they can do for you, but they will have a look.

Kind regards

Kiemmaki

What’s your opinion?

1 Like

Yeah… they told me to bugger off and wait out the 2 week ban that was apparently on my account/IP.
They linked https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/119708 that outlines some rather ridiculous reasons that you can get banned.
This one is my favourite:

Repeatedly using a spell with no cast delay such as Amplify Damage or Glacial Spike

This is just hilarious. Well, I suppose here ends my short nostalgia voyage.

I’m surprised that teleporting very fast with a tele-sorc isn’t on this list.

Actually, this raises an interesting question. Should Blizzard release a D2 remastered, it would be astonishing (and probably arguably illegal) if they implemented the same draconian measures and hidden restrictions that would be getting people banned left and right for just playing the silly thing.

While we cannot give you the exact reason behind this, connection restrictions in Diablo II can be applied for behaviours such as:

• Attempting to use an invalid CD-key
  • Attempting to use a hacked or modified game client to log in to Battle.net
  • Using unauthorized third-party programs or addons
  • Connecting to Battle.net using a business network, cloud hosting service, VPN, or Proxy
  • Rapidly connecting and disconnecting from Battle.net
  • Switching between accounts or characters too quickly
  • Leaving and joining games too quickly
  • Scrolling through skill selection too quickly using the mouse wheel
  • Repeatedly leaving an area and coming back to change shop or gambling items
  • Repeatedly using a spell with no cast delay such as Amplify Damage or Glacial Spike
  • Repeatedly using an incorrect password
  • Harassing other players
  • Advertising inappropriate website urls
  • Spamming text or chat commands such as /whisper or /whois
  • Connecting to Battle.net with more than 8 clients

Well, thats really ridiculous. Another rich plataform who doesnt matter about their clients problems, only about the cash.

That looks a joke, one game where 80% or 90% of population are bots hacking and doing shits, and no ones get banned.

But hey!!! Remember, dont swich so fast on your characters, dont do ridiculous shits like
“- Scrolling through skill selection too quickly using the mouse wheel” you gonna get banned. Fun as hell, so i come back now since 10 years off to remember the game and get ready to d2r, and you ban me for a ridiculous shit… 14 days, really thanks for your good work.

Now im thinking about refund D2R, very sad acting from support, thank you for penalice legit players instead do it with the people who is hacking the game.

GGwp blizzard, keep on acting like this and people will quit your games.

WHY YOU NOW DELETING MY MESSAGES, IM BANNED HERE TOO FOR SOME RIDICULOUS REASON?? OR JUST FOR SAY THE SADLY?? TRUTH

DONT BE COWARDS, AND MOD REPLY THIS. Oh man… i missed it, you cant response because you have no reason, ABSURD ACTING.

1 Like