Diablo 2 Ressurected: Please make shared stash optional

Yes, I know I’m in the tiny minority here, and that 99.9% of players absolutely adore having loads of added convenience, simplicity and quality of life features added to old games, but I like the gameplay just as it was.

I typically play multiple characters in Diablo 2. I may have an Assassin and a Necromancer on the go at once.

I typically have more than one item set for these characters. I have spares and situational items that I keep in my stash for specific purposes or fights.

This is going to make it almost impossible to manage an inventory that’s already stuffed with Assassin gear, when I want to play my Necromancer - not to mention the tedious logistics of having to remember what item goes with what class. That skull is reserved for the Assassin… no, wait… the Necromancer needed it…

And what happens when I roll a third character, but the (very limited) stash is already stuffed with items from my first characters? Am I supposed to delete everything to make room?

I hated this feature in Diablo 3, as I want each character to be self sufficient and each replay to be a fresh start, I don’t like it in Diablo 2 either.

Please, can this feature not be made optional? Make it toggleable like the auto gold pickup? (which I’ll be having permanently set to off, thank’s very much).

Presumably gold is also going to be shared between characters as well as all your gear and items? Even if you refuse to make the shared stash optional, at least consider making gold sharing optional for those small handful of people of prefer their characters to be self sufficient.

2 Likes

I think it would be useful for purists and not difficult for Blizzard to do.