Diablo II - disconnected from battle.net

I’ve just changed my broadband provider, I assume they think I’m using a VPN because my IP changed?

Anyway I now have a 2 week ban. Been playing loyally since 2003. I’m done and uninstalling for good you can’t treat honest players like this. It’s digusting.

I was actually thinking of returning to WoW… you can forget it.

2 Likes

The problem ath blizzard is still not under control… Got the same problem for Longer than a year. Made a ticket. Followed all what they asked me. Then finaly they say oh we know the problem but it’s not easy tot fix and will take some time. Now 1 year later, still no fix. Sure it’s an old mechanic but legit players not able to play, sorry blizzard but no money from me anymore or fix it…

power went out and came back on… so now im banned for 2 weeks…wtf…blizzard you are garbage. Now after seeing all my fellow gamers being straight up ignored and brushed off I’m uninstalling all blizzard games with pleasure. peace.

2 Likes

I have returned to D2 a few days ago, my 9 eyer old son have seen me playing and he loved the game,so after a few restles nights and days for both of us taking shifts we got a week sorceress and decidet to make a new hero to trade items and become stronger so everyone can have thayr own strong hero than when we tryed to get online at the same time whit a spare cd-key provided from a frend of mine -bam ip ban(stuck on checking version), ok on the next day i have asked my internet provider to change my ip and he did , so after a while i was back home and my son didnt wanned to leave the game so i had to login using another set of keys - turns out keys are bad… lol… my frend was a lagit player back in the day anyways,asked another friend for his keys , so i was able to login -well not exactly keys used by massage… lol ok i will just wait for my son to get tired but lets just click once again - bam “BLIZZARD MAGIC” (you have been disconected from bnet) , ip baned again WTF!!! ok lets do a vpn and finaly trade so my son can get his own hero and leave mine alone,ok vpn works np (i will call the provider again tomorow…23:00 a clock). and there goes the battlenet… got a instant kick disconect massage every time we try to login.
Now Blizzard i have a question
First why its bannable to login from a same ip adress whit 2 accounts at the same time?
Second How are people suposed to MIND-READ your tos?
And last but not least HOW THE F*** DO YOU EXPLAIN A 9 EYER OLD KID WHO SLEPT FOR 6 HOURS A DAY SOMETIMES LESS ONLY TO LEVEL UP AND IMPRUVE A WEEK HERO THAT IS STILL WEEK THAT HE GOT BANNED BECOSE BLIZZARD BECAME A MONEY BEGGING MACHINE AND THAY WANT PEOPLE TO PERMANENTLY FILL THAYR POCKETS FOR GAMES THAT THAY ALLREADY BOTH 20 EYERS AGO?

They don’t care, they haven’t cared for a long time.
They won’t care, they already have your money.

The D2 remake? Just their attempt to milk more money out of you.
Remember the Warcraft remake?
Don’t buy Blizzard games anymore because the Blizzard that exists now has nothing to do with the Blizzard we used to know and love.

3 Likes

I find this interesting, you make a threat based on an assumption of foul play. This has been a fairly well documented break in the system why would you threaten your customers with a ban for talking about something that is happening to them by your system and from the sounds of it, its by design and you have NO INTENTION on fixing it for your paying customers. With people paying real money, and spending real time in the game, to in some cases have the character deleted because Blizzard decided to ban an account for not violating any ToS. I have not seen NO VPN’s or NO business IP’s addresses on the EULA. So if anyone should be subject to displinary action it should be Blizzard. Very poor customer service practice in my opinion I truly hope that there has been some internal coaching on this since November of 2019.

I just recently bought the the new upgraded version of Warcraft III and Diablo III (even though I had already bought the whole pack already) Along with Diablo 2 remaster.

I figured I would play through the Diablo series, I played and killed Diablo 1 last night, started playing Diablo 2 from home got my character to act 2 then came to work was going to play some on my lunch and BAM! No connection. or must reconnect to bnet.

So how does a company justify an action against its customers without any clear language warning against it? Is this undocumented feature going to be included in the remake I just spent a decent chunk of change on? If so I will be seeking a refund for my purchases. If I could only get back the 20+ years of time and money I put into this company just to have them ban and block my account for purchasing their game 10th time in my life. Instead of rewarding loyal customers you ban them?!? I truly hope this is not the case, I will try when I get home tonight maybe just blocking my IP… If my account is blocked or you take action against my accounts because your system is broke I will remove myself and my money from Blizzard indefinitely. Along with using other venues to call attention to your deceptive business model and brand. (Banning accounts with out warning or with out breaking any ToS should be something called attention on and maybe actionable) I don’t know if I have been banned or not, I know I can’t get access for a game that over the years I have payed hundreds of dollars for. And considering there is no rhyme or reason to banning discriminately on IP addresses that should be included in any disclaimers or the EULA before logging into the game. I would have put that into my purchase decision. I am able to launch Diablo 3, Star Craft, why can’t I connect to bnet for Diablo 2? Shady stuff.

1 Like

With diablo remastered coming out, seems like quite a few people are going back to D2 and are having this “amazing” experience of getting treated like trash. Blizz has little regard for their customers and some of the worst customer service. I for one will not be buying d2 remastered or any further blizzard games.

1 Like

i was baned from posting until 16.03.21 now is 13.03.21 i can post(to bad that i didnt saved my full post )
the 14 days of ingame ban have passed on 11.03 when asking what is going on i receave :
“These temporary restrictions can vary in their length and can oftentimes be shorter, or longer, than 14 days.
Your temporary restriction is set to remove on the 13th, though depending on your timezone it could be the 14th of this month before you’re able to play once more.”

I am starting to think about a lawsuit.Blizzard is violating human rights!
I was forum-baned becose i sayd what i think:
if you wanna buy a car and the add says CAR
and you pay for the car and you receave only tires its normal to ask what happend to the rest of the car
and blizzard doesnt answer - meaning thay are scamming thayr customers.

And whit that sayed i will probably be baned once again For longer.
if this happens lawsuit is coming ,if i cant connect until tomorow night lawsuit is coming. i payed to get a car i got tires , i want what i payed for!

Edit:just loged in will se if i get baned again!

Blizzard, if you hate this IP so much- please just sell it to someone else who will run it like a normal video game, and not a broken- bastardized hydra head of a massive activision monster who is obsessed with itself.

The works of Blizzard North will be the only reason anyone remembers this company in 50 years. Some will remember how you squeezed the life out of their fans and shit on their IPs, too, though.

2 Likes

hmm… im wondering alot

Please do not necro old threads.