Diablo II: LOD - Unable to connect to battle.net

After clicking battle.net I wait around 20-30 seconds with a dialog box saying “Connecting to fastest server” then I am greeted with a “Unable to connect to battle.net” dialog box.

I am running 1.14b, I have gone through the troubleshooting steps that were available through some googling the only one I couldn’t do was the manual patching.

Can anyone provide some support here?

Edit: I was able to update to 1.14d but still not able to connect to any battle.net realms

2 Likes

I got the same problem - can’t connect for the last 24h and seeing what you are seeing: “Connecting to fastest server” first then “Unable to connect to battle.net”.

It seems many users across the world are having the same problem, here is a post on the us boards - https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/d2come-on-serious-issues-of-asia-realm/15971

I’m having the same issue.

Just an update [20/04/2021], after opening several ticket with support I have gone through the motions of connecting to my router directly, uninstalling some programs which is “known to create issues for games” and running the game as administrator.

Things that have been ruled out: not a restriction put on my account, not a network issue (from a tracert command on asia battle net) needless to say I feel like I am being put in a never ending loop of “Can you try [input troubleshooting step already in support wiki]”

After all has been said and done the issue is still unsolved.

I’ll keep this thread updated if I finally get something that can help others as well.

Update 1: After looking at the tracert output, it looks like it is having issue connecting to some endpoints when trying to connect to asia battle net and uswest battle net on average it about 10-15 hop requests are timed out…

As I develop software for a living this is seems like a problem from either blizzards side or my side (router or isp maybe?), are others experiencing the same connection timeouts when running the tracert command that blizzard asks you to do when submitting a support ticket?

Update 2: Just tried connecting to my mobile phone and attempt to connect to battle.net, and it worked! This now seems more like a router or ISP issue… will try to get to the bottom of this!

But for now for those that are experiencing connection issues to battle.net (any realm) please try connect to another network (mobile phone hotspot or something, it might cost you if you have data limit so please do this at your own risk) and then try to connect to battle.net

Update 3: Just checked if my router had any firewalls enabled and did a quick test with them off for good measure, I still wasn’t able to connect, so I tried updating the router firmware and was suddenly able to connect to all of the realms again.