Diablo IV on Xbox Series X or PC

I have a dilemma vis-à-vis Diablo IV.

I play my Xbox Series X and PC games on my 120 Hz 55 inch LG 4K OLED, with a controller while sitting on my couch. I moved away from using my PC Monitor some time ago, although it is an excellent 10 Bit monitor, a 27 inch is just too uncomfortable to be hunched over with my Logitech Chaos Spectrum mouse, for long gaming sessions. I have been gaming since 1979, with my first gaming console the Atari VCS and in the last decade, I have moved away from using gaming mice to play my PC Games.

Anyway, my current gaming rig is an i7-12700K Processor, with a Asus 6800 XT TUF Gaming OC 16GB GPU. It a capable 4k Gaming PC with 8Pack Edition 32GB 3200MHz CAS 14-14-14-31 Ram and a WD BLACK SN850 NVM SSD.

I use a PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless-Controller with the DualSenseX running in the background, to play games on my PC, as it is a better controller than the run-of-the-mill Xbox Series X Controller.

With that out of the way, my dilemma is should I buy Diablo IV for my Xbox Series X or for my PC?

I suspect that the graphics will be better on my Gaming PC, but I also suspect that Diablo IV will be far better optimised for controller support on the Xbox Series X than on my PC.

I am leaning slightly towards the Xbox Series X version, but I have my reservations about the graphics on the Xbox compared to the PC, and I also have reservations about the implementation of the controller support on PC, simply that it will not be as accurate and enjoyable as playing on a console?

I would love some feedback, as I have been mulling over this good dilemma to have, for quite some time, and with the open beta fast approaching, I simply can’t make up my mind.

2 Likes

Try both your PC and XBox during the Open Beta (March 24 to 27) ?
It’s gonna be opened to everyone…

Some details on the open beta here: https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4/23916442/your-guide-to-the-diablo-iv-open-beta#Details

Not sure how representative of the final game the Open Beta will be though… but it might be enough of a test to confirm your preference for the XBox.

The only other thing I can think of is to wait till the official launch on 6 June… or a few weeks after preferably. By then, there should be all kind of reviews of the game’s performance on the various platforms.

Cheers !

2 Likes

Thank you. I was not aware that I could play the open beta without purchase.

1 Like

Yeah… should be interesting to see how that goes.

Here’s hoping that you can get on !
Open betas are usually “well attended”… hopefully, Blizzard will have learnt something from recent past experience…

Keep an eye on the Blizzard official news site here: https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4

2 Likes

Hi,

Blizzard posted additional information today on “early download” times… here:
https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/diablo4/23916442/your-guide-to-the-diablo-iv-open-beta#Download

Also included are steps on how to download the open Beta – for the XBox, you will need to download it from the XBox Store.

1 Like

My mind has been made up for me, after I bought a second copy of Diablo II: Resurrected for the Xbox Series X.

The Graphics are appalling on the Xbox Series X adaptation of Diablo II, compared to The PC version while playing at 4K on a OLED TV. I have to say that Diablo II: Resurrected is actually unplayable for me on the Xbox Series X, as the graphics are atrocious, compared to the PC version, with everything set to max.

I am not going to take the chance with Diablo IV on the Xbox Series X, as I fear this will also be the case.

Then again my PC is quite a bit stronger than my Xbox Series X.

Thanks to everyone for their comment.

1 Like

Best of luck in your games !

1 Like