Drums of battle

I follow the beta testing of classic TBC, and the ongoing “war” considering drums of battle, and the way they work. I think that before we all go into deep “karen mode” we must think this trough.

1. Are the drums a make or breake in the first phases of TBC?
    Historicly the short answer is no. So if you do not want to have leatherworking, don’t.
  2. Is it so that giving the drums a 2 min debuff the only fix we need?
    I bet there will be leatherworkers that want to raid and vise versa. So bring 5 leatherworkers and problem is solved.
    The top guilds will always push things further to be better, so if we change one thing, what will be the next demand?
    Let’s say the drums is given a 2 min debuff. The top guilds would then demand 5 leatherworkers, that one is easy. But what about the rest? I bet there would be demanded that everybody had enchating to get ring enchant. Is that any different than demanding people to be LW’s? Or should we maybe then change enchanting so ring enchants was for everybody? The end result would be to remove all the individual crafting buffs that made proffessions so great in TBC. Would that make it a better game? I do not think so.
    PS: I would also like that 58 boost was removed as well.
1 Like