Is classic Warcraft III gone now?

I tried to download classic Warcraft III + Frozen Throne from battle.net webpage logged into my account where I have cd-keys for both games registered.

For some odd reason when I clicked on downloading classic wc3 I got an installer för Reforged, a game I neither want nor have paid for. How do I get the classic game? I paid for the classic game and I feel like that gives me a right to it. Is only Reforged available now? Is my only option torrent sites?

Reforged is the only client for download from Battle.net currently, it contains the classic look too, so people who own Reforged can switch between them both, or classic only keys only have access to the Classic WC3 look.

Sorry for the confusion with this update, and if you have any other questions let us know.

Wait, so youre saying i cannot play the old Warcraft III without having the new one instaled? a game i used to play from a pen drive directly now i need to install 30gb… theres got to be another way, also my computer doesnt have 30gb

2 Likes

The other way is to install them from the DVDs. It really is kind of pathetic that they don’t even reserve the server space for those games anymore and force us to download the 30 GB remake that nobody even likes. When I read that this is the only option now I decided against installing the game.

At least D2 is still available. Enjoy that one while it lasts and a possibly terrible remake comes along to take its place.