Modern Warfare - New Update Not Available

When I access the game I get the following message: ‘New update available please update the game via the launcher call of duty’.
In the launcher no update is availabe and the game is up to date.

Nothing happens when restarting the launcher or restarting pc.
Please advise.

1 Like

Same issue here, have tried Scan and repair, and restarting blizzard launcher. no luck, always get the update available message and have to quit back to desktop.

Let’s try clearing the Battle.net App Cache and see if that helps you here!

1. Press windows key + R > Type %programdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

2. Press windows key + R > Type %appdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net folder

3. Press windows key + R > Type %localappdata% > Click OK > Delete the battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

After this don’t forget to right click and run the Battle.net App as Administrator.

If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

8 Likes

Had the same problem. Folowed the instructions provided from Ixthocaesil and runed launcher as administrator. the game updated. Thankyou

i followed Ixthocaesil’s instructions, it apparently deleted core files of the blizzard launcher… then i finally reinstalled Blizzard Launcher, but now it cannot locate MW because “incorrect game version” now i have to reinstall all 212 GB of MW again… sigh…

guess no MW tonight…

1 Like

Followed Ixthocaesil instructions, fixed the error thankyou :slight_smile:

You don’t even have to go through the %programdata% list, just go to the windows search bar, type battlenet, right-click it, go to more, and select run as administrator, click yes on the prompt and restart battlenet and it should start the update

7 Likes

following Ixthocaesil’s instructions it deleted the full game files for me and asked for a reinstall of them, restored all the files from the bin and relauched battlenet and it started the update and launched fine

Contatta il numero qui sotto tramite Whatsapp e ti darebbe una patente di guida registrata, una carta d’identità, un passaporto o qualsiasi altro documento di immigrazione a un ottimo prezzo senza che tu debba passare attraverso il protocollo del governo.
whatsapp … + 49178 1778796

Can I acquire the EU driver’s license, identity card, passport without going through the government protocol?
Contact the number below via Whatsapp and it would give you a registered driver’s license, ID card, passport or any other immigration document for a great price without you having to go through government protocol.
whatsapp … +49 178 1778796

worked for me, thanks (26.12.2020)

in the Run commad box, type %programdata% and then ok. Delete the folder labeled Blizzard Entertainment. It’s the cache folder. Restart battle.net and it should begin to update. (Worked for me today, 19 January 2021)

Welp. Thank you for having me uninstall every game I had on my Blizzard account… Time to re-install like 80 gigs of games and more than likely have the same problem occur.

1 Like

Hey the games should still be on your system in the install locations you put them! The app just won’t remember where because of the cache clear!

This worked perfectly, thanks a lot bro.

This is the fix. thanks bruh

this worked for me. you dont have to clear the cache folders and re-install or re-download your games.

It worked, thank you. 18/09/21

Please do not bump a very old thread.