Oops error trying to lunch game

Hello !

I’m getting an Oops error try to lunch warzone since 15 december patch.
Verify and repair lead to another error at 90%.

I set lunch as admin on battlenet.exe and luncher, shut down ativirus but it stay the same. reboot etc…

What can I do, need help :slightly_smiling_face: ? thanks

2 Likes

Hi:

This forum is for Technical Support on Blizzard’s Classic Games and the Battle.Net Desktop App.

For Call of Duty games, Blizzard support is limited to purchasing and installation. For all other issues such as this Warzone error, you must contact Activision Support at https://support.activision.com .

Best of luck with this.

also having the same problem

mam ten sam problem
zero pomocy wstydżcie się !!

Warzone is a game made by Activision… this is a Blizzard forum…
Why are you posting on a Blizzard forum for a problem with an Activision game?

This Link is from Battlenet and is dedicated to Warzone lunching error. Is not possible that every time Waerzone have a problem, Activision send us to this Forum and in This Forum You say that is not your problem!!!

I have the same problem with the Battle.net launcher trying to launch Warzone. There is no “play” button, only a big blue “update” button, but when I click the “update” button I get the message “Whoops! looks like something broke. You could try restarting Battle.net”.

If I scan and repair, it takes 20-30 mins and then pops up the same “Whoops!” message.

I’ve also tried deleting files from the Warzone install location (all IDX files, everything under 2MB in data folder + everything outside data folder), then Battle.net automatically starts a repair update, ending with the same “Whoops!” message.

2 Likes

same
i’ll try this https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/rgwzn9/if_you_are_getting_scan_repair_issue_after_the/ as soon as the SCAN repair is DONE !!

1 Like

I fixed this issue on my PC - I think the issue is battle.net struggling to install the Ricochet anti-cheat because it’s kernel level and requires administrator access. Whatever the problem was, this is what I did:

I went to my battle.net install area (for me it’s the default):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net

Right click on “Battle.net.exe”, go to Properties, then in the compatibility tab, make sure the “Run this program as administrator” checkbox is checked.

I did the same for “Battle.net Launcher.exe” in case that makes a difference.

Then I opened battle.net and it immediately started an update. After the update, Warzone was playable.

1 Like

follow this video it will help you

I have the same problem, i did the exact same thing in the video above, didnt work …

1 Like

Did not work. I set admin permissions on every exe…

Go to C/Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare, right click ModernWarfare.exe and Modern Warfare Launcher, Settings and then Properties and set them to always start as admin.

Now locate your Battle.net folder and do the same to the Battle.net.exe and Battle.net.exe Launcher. Make sure that these files are not just shortcuts.

Now go back to C/Games/Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Go in to Data/data

Order the files by size and delete all 0 or 1 kb data files, called like data.256, data.257 and so forth. Make sure you only delete those by 0 or 1 kb size. I had around 20 of those but it varies.

Restart Battle.net through Battle.net.exe and watch how that hideous Update button turns to a beatiful Play button and Voila
Cred to u/GTnik for making me try this

These are the Classic Games Tech forums. We do not provide support for Call of Duty games on these forums.