Overwatch - Leavers

Hi all,

I would like to raise a point, that was raised a couple of thousand times in these forums, report systems, Reddit etc.

Leavers in comp matches.

The big problem of Overwatch is in the fact that in comp if just 1 player leaves (for any reason) the match is basically ruined, simple. If your on the unlucky team who has the leaver you lost (in the past week I can honestly say that at least 30-40% of my matches we had at least 1 person leaving), you can imagine how “fun” these matches were.

Let’s face it, in 99% of cases the team who is 1 man short is loosing the match and also loosing hard earned rank points for what ? The punishment is ridiculous - Less exp points - IF the player gets banned - and that is a BIG IF, and everybody knows this, that is why they continue to do it.

The problem with this is the fact that Blizzard is VERY shy with the bans and the punishment for such behavior. I understand, we live in challenging times, and we need to be more forgiving, but what about the rest of us ?

Blizzard should be very tough with the bans for leavers, or for people who just troll, sit.

Experience points are a “currency” with no value in the game, while the rest of us lose rank points. So why not be more aggressive with the comp ban for players who leave ? Take 50% - 75% - 90% of the points each of the members in the team will lose from the player who leaves

This will make players be more careful and you penalize with a “currency” that is worth something.

Anyway, this is my view. It will be for nothing, as I am not a pro or a streamer, you know people who Blizzard cares about - I am just one of the many-many clients who gets ignored.

Stay safe and take care everybody.
Respect.

Hi there Coly,

You can find the dedicated Overwatch forums over here, and more specific details about leaver penalties as well in this post.