OW - Rejoining a comp game and still losing SR with a win

Hello, this is a very frustrating issue.

This is the second time in months that I get dc, quickly rejoin during the game and win… still I get a penalty. This is extremely frustrating as it does not follow the official Overwatch competitive rules listed here for penalties: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/20167051/

It clearly states:

In Competitive Play, leaving a game early or stepping away from your computer during a match will make you ineligible to join a new game until the original match has been completed. There is an option to rejoin an in-progress game—however, failure to rejoin will result in a penalty.

So easy to understand, you don’t rejoin you get a penalty, you manage to rejoin before the game is over, you’re fine. But this guideline is not respected in my case.

Can somebody assist regarding this bug that happened twice already? I contacted the support who mentioned the forums for technical bugs like this.

Of course, I can provide specific details about the games so they can be investigated.

Thank you for your feedback.
Powsey

Hello Powsey,

These forums are primarily to provide assistance with our Classic Games Tech (Diablo II, Starcraft, etc…). As your question is more related to Overwatch, it would best asked on that forum.