Stuck at Checking Versions (Diablo 2)

Hi I’m getting an issue of stuck at checking versions.

Can you tell me if I’m soft banned and if so how long mine is and what caused this?

Thanks!

Hey I don’t have the answer to that, but I AM suffering the same issue. Not sure why but there you go, you’re not the only one.

Wanted to chime in that I also have this issue. I can connect to Asia and Europe without any issues, but it times out on checking versions or connecting to realm when I try either USWest or USEast.

Just booted up D2 for the first time in over a year so I’m unsure why I can log on some realms but not others.

For this issue we have assembled some fixes in our support site here: https://support.blizzard.com/article/000163523

We don’t see any Temporary Restrictions in place on your accounts.

I have the same issue, and I have follow the guide, but is did’nt help.

The “error” has bee since D2R release

hello i have same problem since yesterday im stuck in a cheking version
how can i fix it
uninstal and istal game but still not working

Also started happening to me a few days ago (saturday 10th of april). I was supposed to hold a LAN for two friends, but all the computers on my network got the stuck at “checking versions”. I did have some luck using my IPhone as a modem, so it seems to be an IP issue? I reinstalled the game, made a new admin account yada yada, to no avail.

Just bought the game too and I’m experiencing the same problem.

ChiLL4X in your case you are not suffering from a Connection issue, but a restriction on our side. You can read more about IP restrictions here: https://battle.net/support/article/264916

This is also true for you OptiMizeR, as you guessed, and the same for your WildWolf.

You should be able to connect again in about 2 weeks usually once you have been restricted.

hi everyone,

Having the same problem, got my game last night, installed it to latest version and wondering if there is a way to check if my account is restricted?

The best way is to contact Support directly, we can confirm you are also currently restricted Mperic.

I see. I thought that would be the problem, since anything else that I tried didn’t work. Do you have anywhere you can see why someone was restricted? I combed down the list and none of the reasons apply. I’ve never been able to connect to battle.net so far, use a clean copy of the game, downloaded raw from your website and I’m the only person with this ip, it’s a home network. I’m guessing my ip is being flagged wrongly for some reason but I don’t know if I can check that on my end somehow. Thanks in advance.

Same problem here. Seven days and counting. Have never used any bots or hacks. Seeing posts like this in US and Asia forums as well.

Hello.
I have the same issue. I just downloaded a fresh client from battle.net site, installed it on my old windows laptop to play D2 before the ressurected version is released and I cannot download the update, because my connection to the battle.net was interrupted.

Also what is important, there are links “how to update your diablo 2” on the official troubleshooting articles, that are pointing to the page that does not exist. Maybe that’s also something worth fixing?