WC3 TFT Battlenet Button Greyed out

WC3 starts fine, after a few seconds the Battlenet button usually lights up. It doesnt and hasnt done for last 3 days. Internet working on PC for other services. Not done any updaes or installs recently just stopped working. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Sheppypie

This is usually because the game’s having trouble connecting to our servers. Go through the Connection Troubleshooting guide on our website, and let us know if that improves the situation for you

Went through this connection troubleshooting and unfortunately made no difference. I also removed and re-installed the game, still no luck.
Turned off Windows firewall, no luck.
Rebooted my router … Boom, button is back.

have the same issue and i still cannot fix it… strange first time i encounter that

I have tried all the things above still doesent work

Win + R > ipconfig /flushdns > press enter, waiting 5-10 seconds and looking at button.

1 Like

I think I know the “issue”… running the actual battle.net client is causing the problem it would seem. I’ve noticed the battle net button is greyed out on TFT a few times now and messed around until it eventually worked. Just now I’ve tried a few times and noticed another post where it said “background apps could be blocking” it turns out it’s the battle.net client app. Closed that and relaunched TFT and it then works fine.

I still get this every day, I do a combination of rebooting router, pc , repairing. After about 5 attempts at each and still a greyed out button. I tried Undead’s dnsflush which worked great.