What consitutes Abusive chat?

I got banned for Abusive text chat 2 time. One of them I agree with – I was angry and lashed out on teammates.

The other one feels as if other team decided to lash out on me for loosing a game. Admittedly I wasn’t silent and I have told them off after they started blaming me. But was I abusive? I can’t tell.

So my question: is there a written guideline for what is abusive chat or what is considered a good conversation. Because right now I feel that it’s better to just block people that to engage in any kind of conversation that isn’t pleasant and congratulatory. I think it’s not healthy for me and for community.

Thank you for awesome games, team Blizz.

Hey E1Tigre,

You can find our in-game code of conduct in here.

1 Like

Thank you, Vossprey.

I see offensive, vulgar, discriminatory, obscene, disruptive language and hate speech.

I understand it like this:

-discriminatory – race, gender, etc.
-obscene, vulgar – related to sex or some kind of repulsive physiological connotation or some nasty stuff
-hate speech – talking about how you hate somebody, wish them harm and so on
I get and support that those are punishable offences.

I don’t quite understand what is meant by offensive and disruptive language. First one seems arbitrary and latter is spam? (for that there is a separate report reason in-game)

Pls tell me, if I understand everything correctly and what does Blizzard in-game code of conduct means by offensive and disruptive language.

And ofc no reply on last question.

Wait a minute - are race jokes\insults is applies to ingame races? I mean if i call NE a blueassed mutant its a roleplay or for some reason it can be banned?

I’d argue it could be used for roleplay (if you are on RP server), like there are foul mouthed characters in movies.

But again there is “offensive language”, which I think could apply pretty much to anything.