WoW: 'System will not be supported in future versions'

I have this exclamation mark on the character select screen since yesterday when I updated to patch 9.0.1 (36322).

I’ve checked the most obvious issue which would be the graphics card, your supported cards show the RX 560 (2GB) and I’m currently using an RX 580 (8GB) so assume its not this?!

Only other thing I can think of is the processer, I’m currently running on an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, additionally running with 20GB of DDR3 RAM.

And if it is the processor are you saying that the game wont run from the next expansion or the next patch release?

Appreciate any help.

I have the same exact problem.I play the game right now on medium to high settings with acceptable fps so i don’t see the reason for my system to not be supported in the upcoming expansion…

Any advice I can get from @blizzard would be great so I can address the issue, but as it stands I’m in the dark as to what the issue is.

Obviously if there is a check to say your system is out of date its not that hard to display that your graphics card or cpu is the cause, its bad user experience design to display ambiguous messages with no further details or way to follow up.

Without knowing more about the systems fully we wouldn’t be able to understand why you’re seeing this message. It could be for a number of reasons.

However, your listing ziycon has enough for me to say the message was likely because of your CPU which is under minimum specs for Shadowlands. The minimum requirements can be found on our Support Site here: https://battle.net/support/article/256565

even if your cpu is below the listed minimum, it might still work. i have played games on hardware below minimum specs myself many times. it might not run optimally but, i suggest trying it before you consider upgrading.

1 Like

I would also like to get some clarity on this. Like ziycon, I am running on Phenom II X6 1055T with 16 Gigs of RAM, a Radeon RX 560 with 4 Gigs of VRAM. WoW sits on a dedicated 128 Gig SSD. My guess based on what I am seeing is that WoW will begin using some of the new SSE instructions not supported by the Phenom II, but I would love some confirmation. The AMD FX 8300 isn’t that much faster than the Phenom II X6, even with the extra cores, however, it does have support for the newer instructions.

I would also like to know what the timeline is. Next expansion? Next patch? Next week? Thanks.