Diablo II: Resurrected PTR 2.5—Terror Zones Now Live

Diablo II: Resurrected PTR 2.5—Terror Zones Now Live

Learn more about our experimental feature, Terror Zones—new, deadly areas in Diablo II: Resurrected that surge with demonic energy, and more coming in our PTR 2.5 test.

View Full Article

2 Likes

Still no extra character slot ? or extra character stash tab (not universal ones) ?
Sad, i’ll still pass then.

8 Likes

Need more space to create new characters

6 Likes

Dear Dev´s,

can we get any sort of statement to several “visual” mods . Im talking about lootfilters from nexusmods . Maybe check out whats okay and give us some sort of offical accepted mods, for either single and multiplayer . Means mod hoster have to send in their mods to make them “approved” . At least tell us what kind of mods are okay, not many get so deep into the terms…

Many just using those lootfilter actually just changing the colour or the text size of several items and some other are giving some items the visual change so a player can easily filter them in their mind. However whats okay and whats not . As mentioned there “simple” lootfilter and some that i would question there legit use .

5 Likes

they should make a good characters and classes and more acts

1 Like

it will be another game, as Diablo IV :slight_smile:

so… and when wil the ladder reset?

4 Likes

Las zonas de terror, ¿van a estar disponibles para offline?

will update 2.5 features be available in offline play on xbox in the future?

2 Likes

Dear Devs,

I really quite like the idea of the new Terror Zones, as they sound like they might offer a challenge to some of the more powerful builds in the game.

However, I really don’t think Terror Zones should be available in Normal or Nightmare, as it’s quite easy to level in these difficulties anyway and no further experience boost is required here. I believe the Terror Zones should be a ‘Hell only’ feature, as this is where most players spend their time levelling and it’s in hell where new content is most required.

I’ve heard rumours that ‘Terror Zones’ will be a ‘Ladder Only’ feature, I doubt if they’re true, as it would be make sense to me. The experience of reaching Level 99 should be the same, regardless as to whether you are in the ladder or not.

The one thing that concerns me most about the ‘Terror Zones’ is that I really hope their introduction doesn’t make the journey to Level 99 too easy. At the moment, it takes times and patience to reach level 99 legitimately; making it too easy would remove a certain kudos from a player’s achievement. What’s the point in reaching Level 99 if everyone can do it ? I don’t think I’d be inclined to play if it were anything but difficult.

There’s one thing that has kept players coming back to Diablo 2 and that’s its gameplay. Whilst the idea adding new content is welcome, that content must not interfere with the overall gameplay or player goals in Diablo 2.

Thanks

1 Like

The game has not even completed one ladder and you are already messing up the game with this terror zones rubbish. Seriously how confused and delusional are you people.

Can’t you add something good, for example a timed race ladder - almost like speed runners . com but diablo 2 has its own in game timed leaderboard. You could have different modes, for example: fastest to kill Normal Baal, Nightmare Baal, Hell Baal, getting to level 25, getting to level 50, getting to level 75, getting to 99 etc.

Lots of your player base are much older now and cannot play as much, having personal timed events will allow players to compete to make the most out of their time they have.

For example I could compete in a race to kill hell baal, my time is saved when I leave the game and continues where I left off if I rejoin… Similar to World Of Warcraft /played.

3 Likes

i personally think its rubbish… the journey to 99 is sacred now everyone is going to be able to say they popped it? It’s meant to be a achievement for a reason…of all the things people request like, stack runes, loot filter, act 6, you make terror zones… you could of even made a sick update like made the standard of hero’s open a portal to a butcher boss battle or something, even another Uber key event of some kind… but no lets just make a zone where people can get to 99 instantly and farm enigma’s? i do hope others enjoy tho and long live d2r.

2 Likes

i think it’s quite a good idea shouldn’t be easy let’s see how it goes
what makes the game easy is OP gear and OP builds
i don’t necessarily think so many characters can get to 99, that should be hard to do (while surviving etc)
Questions: if the terrorized zone is updated every hour, does that mean the new most optimal playstyle for strong characters over 85 or 90 is going to be clear a terrorized zone, then immediately create a new game and repeat? Are the lvl85 zones going to be the most optimal for lvls 80-90 but then terror zones for 90-99 ? It’s probably better if there is some way to continue playing within the same game without having to remake, and potentially if the endgame remains wide by keeping the previous options competitive (?).

Is this really 2.5? Or am i just blind. No new content for ladder start? Tell me there is more coming.

Terror zones is new content.

1 Like

Well, the feature will be OPTIONAL!

If you don’t like it in normal, just don’t use it! (I WANT it especially there! leveling to 18 in a solo-MP-game is tedious! This is one of the reasons, I play SP 8-player at least in normal!)

And BTW: there could be an achievment: “reach level 99 without using terror-zones a single time.” How about that?

tell me you have no brains at all? at the moment, leveling up to level 99 is a boring grind of the ball, do you seriously think that doing a billion races for one mob is a difficult challenge that takes place? I can understand the rarity of things falling out in this game, but leveling up for months at one location is just a mockery, and such a function as zones should be in offline mode too. Personally, there are at least 4 people in my environment who do not want to play the game because of reaching 99 on hardcore, as it is tedious and tedious, but by no means difficult

I just broke my god damn feet!!! So now i can really play… Unleash season 2 now please! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ive played diablo since the start and been on almost every season in D2. I like the idea that you are trying to figure out something nice for the end game. These terror zones though are way too easy. Why not add a terror feature that makes monsters move towards you on these terror maps and add more modds on these superuniqs etc. A level 99 monster should be tougher and much stronger than a chaos sanctuary monster. And please make this a hell feature only.

and how many years do i have to wait until we finally get a chance to craft bows really?
something else ive been thinking about is if rare armors and rare shields could get some better modds because NO ONE uses em unless you play classic.
And please if nihlatak is a necromancer , then give a golem or something. He would be very cool with bonespear