Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

The online characters right now are not non ladder and will not disappear. Ladder characters are seperate from these.

From a ā€œHC-Classicā€-perspective:

Set Items in 2.4.

• The option to upgrade Set-items is only available in LOD due to runes needed to craft them. Although it could have been easily implemented into classic mode, i am glad that the devs chose not to, since there are already good sets.
    In Order to make underused Set items more interesting and to increase the build diversity some Set-Bonuses will be adjusted.

• At the beginning players usually focus on creating characters that are able to farm items or to rush other characters. During that time Set-Pieces are scarce and full sets arenā€™t available. Later the low-level Sets become less interesting, because they re not good enough for hell cs. Therefore I expect, that changes on Full-Set-Bonuses wonā€™t have much of an impact ā€“ at least in classic.

• To increase the usability of underused Sets, one could focus on the 2Set-Pieces-Bonuses. Adding key-bonuses like ā€žCannot Be Frozenā€œ or ā€žMana/Life Stolen Per Hitā€œ could be very interesting for example. To make it more viable one should not have to use important itemslots like amulet, armor or weapon in order to receive this bonus

• Pipedream: Maybe users could create their own sets?
    ā€¢ Choosing the itemslots and bonuses
    ā€¢ Farming necessary components to develope the Set

This way one could create a new longterm motivation.

Level Area Changes

• It is a very good idea to add more ā€žhigh-lvl-Areasā€œ. Additionally these areas could be increased in size, strength oft he bosses and lootchance. This could help to diversify the endgame. ā†’ After the 1000th Hell CS run a change (without exchange of xp or loot) is more than welcome.

Class Changes

Amazon
Currently the amazon belongs to the weaker characters. In a hell cs solo she is nearly not playable, especially when using a bow or crossbow. Therefore a boost for the amazon is highly welcome ā€“ at least in classic!

• Avoid & Dodge
    I really like that the animations of Dodge and Avoid are going to be removed and the amazon can execute other actions during these animations. Implementation: Please make sure that Dodge and Avoid do not interupt the current action. That would be annoying while running or attacking for example.

• Melee Amazon
    The idea of a melee Amazon is quite interesting. However ā€“ the balance changes wont make her a viable melee char for Hell CS or the like.

• Bow-Amazon
    The Bow-Amazon needs to be strengthened (in Classic!). The base-dmg of Rune Bows or Gothic Bows could be increased for example.

Barbarian

• The Barbarian is already a good character in classic.

• The update of ā€žShoutā€œ and ā€žBattle Commandā€œ durations to match Battle Orders is a good idea. Thank you for that.

• Grim Ward
    Nice idea to implement Slows and Damage Taken for nearby enemies.
    It might be a good idea to remove ā€žcauses nearby enemies to fleeā€œ to make the changes more efficient. Maybe u could even reverse that effect ā†’ instead of fleeing monsters could be lured/pulled towards the Grim Ward

• Leap (Attack)
    Thank you very much for increasing the spead oft he leap motion!

• Throwing Mastery/ Double Through
    Until now the Throw-Barbarian wasnt a viable option. These updates wont change that. A character should be able to clear hell on his or her own and to support the team in hell cs in a meaningful way. Only characters who meet these requirements will be interesting to play for thelong-term. I donā€™t know whether this is what the devs want but it would be funny non the less

• Frenzy
    A Frenzy build could be very interesting but iā€™m afraid it is not a real alternative to Whirlwind ā€“ at least not in Classic on hell difficulty. Maybe one could add Splashdmg?

Necromancer

• The idea to strengthen underused summons, to make them more interesting is good. Here an idea on how to achieve this:
    Often the ammount of summons annoy other players because it is confusing. Therefore:
    ā€¢ Less but stronger summons
    ā€¢ Make it easier to distinguish between real Monsters and Summons

• Bone Spear/ Bone Spirit
    Both have 4 Synergies. People love to max out Synergies. In this case one would need 100 Skillpoints to max out the skill and its synergies. Therefore please reduce the amount of synergies to a maximum of 3.

Paladin

• The Hammerdin is ā€“ at least in HC Classic - the strongest character and is out of competition. The only disadvantage is that he can not teleport. Therefore the Hammerdin should be nerfed. Instead the other skills are going to get pushed to make them more interesting.

• Holy Bolt / Fist of Heavens,
    I like the idea of a dmg type that only damages undead. However, in practice this means that, at least in D2R Classic, this spell is/becomes unappealing. Few people would want to waste skillpoints on these.

• Fanaticism
    Right now there is no viable build (classic). Maybe u can have a look at it and identify and implement options to strengthen a melee Paladin.

• Tooltips on Defensive-Auras
    Good Job. More information about how skills work are always welcome!

Sorceress
Shared Casting delay is removed, as I interprete it? This will be great since it creates opportunites for hybrid builds or ā€ždoubleā€œ frost/lightning/fire etc (e.g. blizzard + orb?).

• Frost Nova
    The damage of Frost Nova is not relevant. This spell is not viable for a serious build (in Classic). You know that. This is why you havent implemented Frost Nova as a Synergie for another good spell. The spell itself is pretty interesting. My advice: Why not add freeze (instead of cold) and maybe increased damage on frozen enemies to make it a viable option for crowd control on higher difficulties.

• Blizzard
    Plz make this spell more reliable. Certain Monsters with small hitboxes are sometimes really hard to hit, especially if they do not move.

• Nova
    Great, maybe Nova becomes viable again (CLASSIC), e. g. in a hybrid build

• Thunder Storm
    Plz remind me why a player would put skillpoints into this spell. Apart from the look there is no benefit.

• Energy Shield
    Looking forward fort he new Tooltip. I really like this spell, but to put it in a build one needs to know how it works exactly ā€“ that includes the synergy of telekinesis. Maybe push the Synergie of Telekineses too? Like a HP/MP conversion 4:1 on lvl 20?

Other things to consider

• Chat and visibility of other games in Lobby.
    As of right now chat and the visibility of other games in the lobby do not work as intended (or at least as it should be intended?). Since it is intransparent for us players how you (developers) prioritize issues that needs to be solved we can hardly understand your choices. From my (maybe our?) point of view issues like these should be solved in every game before it leaves beta. So please make sure it gets fixed asap.

• Ladder - Race to lvl 99
    A ladder season will most likely last for 4 Month. While LOD Characters can reach max level after a week in classic 4 month wonā€™t be enough.

• Shared Stash
    You probably already noticed that Classic players demand a shared stash. Could you please update your statement about this feature? Will it ever arrive for classic? If not - what are the reasons? (my 2 cents: Please do not ask LOD players why or why not Classic players should have a shared stash or not.)

• Classic Mode
    Following your announcements, posts and forumthreads etc makes me feel like Classic is put not in second place but in third or fourth place. If you do not plan to put efforts in classics that go beyond maintenance then please communicate it. This would be sad but then we would know what to expect/ or not to expect.

• Classic on PTR
    To test the balance-changes please enable classic characters to reset their skills as often as they want to - like LOD Characters can (Token Mule).

• One more thing:
    We (players) do not know how many people are working on D2R. Not in total nor in detail. So we can not rate your efforts. We do not know what we have the right to expect. But the name Blizzard raises expectations. So maybe sort of a public roadmap could help to rate your efforts and increase the overall satisfaction. Players as well as your team could benefit from this.

1 Like

Was hast du eigentlich fĆ¼r ein Problem mit deinem ā€œEndgameā€? Macht es dich geil, wenn du daran denkst? Geht dir jedes Mal einer ab, wenn du Endgame-Content schreibst?

Einzig und allein deine dƤmlichen Kommentare sind das Einzige, was hier poor ist ā€¦ :man_shrugging: :-1:

Finger crossed for all that you said, especially for Shared stash in the first place.

I really have hope that they finally will do something but on another hand how lucky we are?

Best for you mate,
Diablo 2 Classic Player.,
GuessWho

I have a idea that Paladin Holy Bolt should do also half damage vs demons.

I know it is not much important but for me, I would like to see some improvements to conviction aura. It ticks so slow, that even just running with some basic boots on you are able to run to the monster not affected by the aura. Not talking about charge or teleport. Would be great to see it updated more regulary, or how about making area of effect scalable with levels like other auras. So it would also make reason to have some points over 25 lvl. It is powerfull, so its range should not grow into huge areas, but slight improvements to negotiate faster movement speed would be nice, if faster Update would be hard to make.

Also other things seems quite weird to me, why for example barbariands find item so fastly go into around 50% and then you can throw so many points with 0 changes ending around 60% on lvl 99 I guess? Same to resistances etc. What would be problem to have few more percents if you have to invest more points there? No need to cut it so hardly, when it means you lose your points somewhere else I guess.

So, you play classic because you want to be classic and like classic so not played LOD, BUT you asking for changes in classic? this I do not understand itā€¦ so, do you want to remain classic or not? Because if they implement changes you requested to classic then the classic is not classic anymore.

Nerfing builds is the worse think that can happen to a RPG game!
At a moemnt in D3 developers realized that and they even said at a moment(and was like this for few years) that no build will be nerfed anymore, ā€œwe do not want that a player suddenly observed that over night his char is weakerā€. but, at a moment the developers of D3 changed again(1-2 ywars ago) and they start buffing and nerfing builds like hellā€¦ result? A LOT of players leaved the game(including me, play very occasionally now). why? because you invested lot of time to do a dream build(e.g. I did a very good WitchDoctor SpiritBarage build for party) and they effectively DELETE it with a patch. No, you do not get a very good build in D3 in few days, you need months to find dream items, drem, not BIS.
so, yes, NERFING SHALL NOT HAPPEN IN RPG GAMES or all players will leave.

This is the case for all auras, Conviction just makes it pretty noticable.
But you are right, auras should update their effect faster.

NERFING SHALL NOT HAPPEN IN RPG GAMES or all players will leave.

yes. Dont nerf our builds!!! ā€¦or we leave!!

Nerf the drop rates!!!

3 Likes

Indeedā€¦with all these new area 85 zones, rune drops, at least, should be lowered with at least 25%. Already raining with high runes in player 7+ online games.
And they should increase Berserker axe drops, but only for Danutz.

Thks! It looks great. Iā€™ve always loved fringe builds and I really like the fact you boosted some of them or opened possibilities to create more. Plz keep the idea of the new runewords becoming doable in non ladder after season ends.

A few suggestions (sorry for my English):

Assassin: BLADE FURY NEEDS ATTACK RATING !!! Plz
Itā€™s great you putted sinergie to increase dmg of blade sentinel, blade fury and shield blade but I think blade shield is a separate game play (you put it on melee character). Blade fury and blade sentinel are played from range. They use the dmg of the weapon but donā€™t degrade them so you like to use eth weapon. Blade shield degrade the weapon and has no use from range. You want to pair it with other skills.

Druid: thks for all the love :smiley:
Armageddon: Removing all the skill path through artic blast, cyclone armor, twister, tornado, hurricaneā€¦ Itā€™s 5 skill points spent in skills with no use or sinergie with armageddon. Not everybody goes for lvl 99 (I got 3 kids). Sparing those points would open easier hibrid builds (werewolf frenzy/armageddon, armageddon /saumonsā€¦) plz.

Paladin: Iā€™m not a PVP player but I think the FOH cooldown change wonā€™t change anything for PVM and might break PVP. Attacking ā€œonlyā€ twice a second with a single target attack will be really boring really fast. (Iā€™ve tried the FOH PVM back in the day). Making the skill an aoe skill would be great. Or in the lack of better solution maibe not touching itā€¦ After all the skill see play in the game with the PVP.

Fringe ideas:

Necro: Just a reflection: Poison nova already works (with gg gear) but (especially on player 8) the necro rely heavily on corps explosion. It might be cool to really kill with it instead of corps explosion same for bones skills.

Fringe ideas :smiley:

Putting more attack rating everywhere or changing a bit in general the calcution to hit with melee or range attacks. In normal with double angelic rings and the act 2 merc its still a painā€¦ At least missing hit 25% of the time. Imagine with selfound gear or other merc.

Doubling the space of the character inventory with only half (the existing space) could be used with ā€œactiveā€ charms. Rest of space (new) would be used just to pick up and be real quality of life.

Rename online character option.

More space in stash.

Thank you for your work! I love this game!

Dont decrease foh cooldown, it will compleatly brake pvp and still will be useless in pvm. Instead give him aoe dmg, for example holy bolts after foh impact damaging all type of monster.

positive: good improvements for some useless skills

Negative: Private channels are still broken. How can you just ignore that?
Lobby is a disaster and even game-breaking for Pre-expansion. How can you not care to improve?
The patch does not handle pre-expansion differently. Itā€™s a different game that needs different changes. Bone nec could be overpowered in pre-expansion pvp now.

Revisit Fists of heaven changes. It will ruin pvp.

Disconnection and a hardcore character dead, its such a shame that my viewers and followers had to watch that, the thing is they are more angry than me as it was only to the game and all watched liveā€¦ its clear why you ended up selling out.

Dear Blizzard,

thanks a lot for your effort and a lot of the changes in Patch 2.4 look very promising to me.
However, I have two questions and two suggestions:

Question 1: Iā€™m not sure if my understanding is correct, but does the change of the skill Dragon Talon to ā€œNow always hits the target only if the Assassin has any Martial Arts chargesā€ mean that you canā€™t hit the monsters at all, if you donā€™t have charges? In case it is that way, please donā€™t apply this change. It would make all Kick-Sin builds impossible.

Question 2: in an earlier announcement, the Whirlwind-Skill of the Barbarian was planned to get an update. What about that? Is that not planned anymore, or will there be some adjustement like adding synergies or increasing the damage output of the skill itself?

Suggestion 1: Please implement that Decard Cain can identify items that are stored in the Horadric Cube. This was possible in the original Diablo 2.

Suggestion 2: I think it would be a nice idea to give other titles than Slayer, Champion and so on to players, who completed the game solo in Battle Net, without the help of anyone else. Of course, after completing the game, these chars shall be able to participate in multiplayer games.

Shut up and take my money