Diablo II: Resurrected PTR 2.5—Terror Zones Now Live

Sorry but how long do we have to wait for ladder 2… C’mon…

Realy like the idea of the Terror Zone but only one at the same time ? For me that means I start the game don’t like the current Terror Zone and I close the game, than I repeat this every hour. If i like the current Terror Zone i clean the area leave the server, only to open a new one to clean the same Terror Zone again and again ?

I hope that these new talismans will fall out so rarely that everyone will not run with them for 2 weeks after the reset

The best char to farm terror zones early remains Hammerdin (didnt get nerfed), and hybrid sorc? ( that one is nice, since after getting the charm, hybrid ele builds like orb/hydra starts to become obsolete) means we will still have 80% sorc/pala as starters.

New charms:

The Bone Break

• Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
  • Physical Damage Received Increased by 25% ← its too harsh for meele builds - you cant offset it easly like elemental resistances, and 90% of the content deals phys dmg. Not even worth using on HC. If that penalty was 5% then MAYBE.

Solution: Change Physical Damage Received Increased by 25% to 5%.

There are not a lot phys immune monsters, and sundered monsters (95% phys res) will take still super long to kill because you cant get that many sources of -%phys resistance on monsters as ele/psn dmg build. You can get amp/decrep on yourself/merc but then really you dont need this charm on phys char.

Solution: change Physical Resistance after moob being Sundered to 80-85%.

The Cold Rupture

• Monster Cold Immunity is Sundered <-This one is too powerfull on cold sorc, because of how cold mastery works. Cold sorc will be the only build in the game that wont need infinity to increase her ele dmg because she get super easy access to -%cold res on monsters.

Solution: Either nerf cold mastery/cold tree dmg, or change it to work like fire/light mastery.

The Black Cleft

• Monster Magic Immunity is Sundered ← useless for 99% of content, magic immunes are too scarce. FoH bypass magic immunities when hitting undead/demon so more immunities wont affect him.

Solution: Add more magic immunes to nerf Hammerdins and Bone necros (read one line below for nerco solution) not using this charm (they dont need to use it for 99% of content)

Solution (necro): Change bone necro dmg type to half phys, half magical (or 70%magic 30%phys - whatever will be best balanced) so he gets a boost from curses like Amplify dmg and Decrep, and more magic immunities wont affect him that much, actually with a charm bone necro will be buffed (as he should since all elemental builds getting buffed)

• Magic Resist –50% ← also harsh penalty, considering how useless the charm is in its state, and how u cant offset that penalty

Solution: Change Magic Resist –50% to -(25-40)%.

1 Like

I believe that the wizards will dominate the game. Having a teleport, huge damage and lack of invulnerability make it the most viable character to farm.

Maybe these Charms should be uniqe as Gheed: only one charm per char can be used. Yes if you use all of them, you will kill your resistance, but still - imo this should be uniqe for char.
Also, to motivate people farm Terror Zones - stats on the Charm should be with some random numbers: like Resist -75-100% and Imune decreasing in the same way.

Magic Imune is kinda difficult topic in Diablo 2. We have only 3 monsters with Magic imune, and only one you can see the most - 2nd wave in Baal Runs. Who use Magic dmg build in the game? Hammer and Bone Necro. So, basically this Charm needed only for Necro, cuz Hammer can use Holly Bolt for killing 2nd wave.
To made this charm worth - some extra Magic imunes should be added.

no character slots = no chance to play

I would like way more experience on terrorized zones in order to compete with the baal run meta of leveling.

yeah soo sad :frowning: im not going to play either if we dont get more character slots

very imbalanced amulets considering that some monsters have 185 resist and in order to remove at least 15 resistance you need conv + LR but it still won’t remove the cut cap and amulets help remove the cold up to 95 and the passive will easily remove another 195 and as a result all monsters become resist -100 and it doesn’t matter what kind of monster at the same time light and fire have poison (NEC DW + 3 clothes trangul + LR + facets (-150res)) and magic don’t have such strong bonuses, so you need processing or passives for cold sorceresses or improvements to charms for the price on SC HP15-20 + cold res 9-11 will be expensive, but that’s how barbs and paladins play with -50 magic res and barbs with -25 physical res they have nothing to compensate for and there is little sense in this for them these are useless items

This is just stupid, I would love to see all your characters (I have mine) where you can’t mule over your good items onto another character and free up a slot, just so you can play. You could also get cubes for all your low level mules which may help your space management

I love the new terror zones but i must say i feel left out in party’s due to not owning an enigma

The experience gained, opposed to that gained anywhere in the game, is so vastly greater in Terror Zones that it forces players to ignore other areas in the game. This repeats the same problem that people complain about when it comes to Baal and Chaos Runs. Merely turning them off just puts you at an disadvantage to everyone playing. Not only are some characters now severely imbalanced, but the experience gained is too.

lol, Terror Zone is MADE for gaining exp even for solo players. after lvl94 you start to get exp penalty and its only force you to farm CS and Baal.
In Terror Zone you can do both: farm exp and MFing and you getting exp from every trash, not only from Boss Groups. Thats mean you can get lvl99 solo even without party.

if you dont care about Exp, Terror Zone provide you new locations for farming, which is will be lvl 85+ as default and its not force you to farm only one Pit 24/7.

Yes now it will effectively force you to farm the places the devs want you to farm at. For solo the XP is still more powerful than 8players doing Diablo+Baal.
Imagine going down to the sewers in Act3 killing stygians for xp instead of baal.
In Groups this new meta is even worse than that. Those who are left behind (no enigma or teleport) will just join a game to barely leech a few kills and then jump into the next one. I don’t think that’s more fun than CS/Baal.

Nobody forced you to farm only pits before. People actually had different farming spots based on their build. Some went pits, some went ancient tunnels and others farmed Cows or thraight CS/Baal for MF aswell.
With a strong character you could combine those areas and clear them in a single game instance. Now you mostly have only a single zone per instance.
All this patch does is make the game overall easier. Terror Zones lack difficulty and they offer exclusive OP loot and much more XP than any activity in the game.
Doing anything else would be a waste of time compared to this “amazing” “new” “content”.

1 Like

they could add more zones at the same time (e.g. 1 in each act) to give people the opportunity to farm in a spot wherever they want or at least one that they prefer. that would also lead to less overwhelmed realms, because people had more spots to farm before creating a new game.

Hardly seem deadly to me, they seem quite the opposite!

This is not a matter of freeing 1 or 2 spots. I usually do 4-5 builds in a ladder season and problem is that even though i delete 4-5 chars this season i wont have any room for mules and next season the problem will be even worse. The fact that so many players feel the same way should at least tell u that the playerbase of this game is on its way down. Give it a few seasons more and ladder will be almost dead compared to season 1. 20 chars is simply not enough and compared to D2 LoD where u basically had unlimited chars this is a joke.