Game crash - Character Death

I did a few Andariel + Meph runs. Then the game crashes and my fully equipped sorc dies (on HC). Shouldn’t a game crash protect a character from the death? It’s so frustrating. You w8 in queue, you play for a while, and then the game freezes/crash during normal play and you have lost everything.

3 Likes

Same thing just happened to me on my sorc on HC, game freezes and crashes. and then when i log in again shes dead. this is bs…

1 Like

Same here 3 times. Three F* times. +80 pjs full build. They must do something.

The dead pjs in this way wear the items. They must revive them and it is easy to do it.

Here one example (the first dead):

1 Like

Well, here is the answer:

Blizzard team currently do not have any known issue (or known bug) causing the game to crash. :+1:

In my case I keep the system and software patches up to date. During play I do not use a third-party software, so I really doubt that the problem is on my side.

After a game crash, there is usually a pop-up window where I allow to send crash information to blizz employees. What is this pop-up window actually do? I thought that is to help blizz team to track a game error cases. But once again blizz currently do not have any known issue, so what actually this pop-up window is for?

Softwares are all programs that may be active on your PC, so stuff like GeForce Experience, Discord, Razer, your internet browser, a VPN, or another random program that can sometimes cause our games to crash. It’s not uncommon to see.

These reports are sent to QA and our developers, however, it’s not because the game crashed that the issue is caused by the game itself.

If certain crashes have a common thread (i.e. if a specific kind of crash all happen for players using a specific graphic card, or a specific version of some graphic drivers), then a bug can be entered into the system, and the developers can see what can be done about it.

Finally, if the bug is caused by the game, it can be fixed by the developers, and if the bug is caused by drivers, it can be forwarded to the manufacturer so that they may fix it on their end (which is why you often see drivers patch notes saying that a driver contains improvements for certain games).

stop blaming us for your broken software

3 Likes

Really, shame on you, this shit happens to everyone I know. THATS ON YOUR SIDE!

So, basically you’re telling us we should deinstall ALL other software from our rigs, except windows, to get D2R running? And btw, Windows itselt is software, so, if the crashes continue, windows is the bad guy? lol

Cant find any words for your everlasting excuses. YOU as softwaredeveloper have to ensure that you programm is running on as much as possible various rigs.

Sure, there can always be some problems, but this crashfest on so many different ppl is just ridiculous.

1 Like

That’s not what I said, no.

99% of the time, you can play games and use whatever program you want on your PC and be completely fine. However it can happen that, sometimes, some softwares can cause performance issues and crashes, and changing the settings of these programs, updating them, or uninstalling them temporarily can help troubleshoot a crash in a game.

The argument that most people got a problem should lead you and us to a another thing. if you´re right, it would mean, that everyone that got crashes should sent in a MSINFO so someone (blizzard or devs there, some 1dollar worker i dunno) could try to find the “SOFTWARE” that hurts in that way! More useful then speak about what you and us said… Further on, i guess that an unknown failure caused by a common program/process used by much people should easier to find with big data… so what´s the your job then?

Update after i played 10 minutes… waiting about 20-30minutes, play, game broke… now i´m in queue again… that´s a joke? no, it isn´t … mod, try to find an excuse for this too :slight_smile: Alpha, Beta… (…), Gold??? i bet this game is far away from r2r status…

Usually when I play a D2R, the only aplication active in background is a Battle.net. Maybe there is the problem :slight_smile:

If I understand it correctly, the game freeze / crash because there are an incompatiblity with some hardware or hardware drivers. This is nothing new, but shouldn’t such incompatibilities be eliminated during beta testing if they are on D2R side?
In general, based on your knowledge from beta tests, did you created some compatibility matrix on which hardware D2R can be run properly? And was such a matrix available before buying the game?

In general, like most players, I am disgusted that all the blame for all the bugs and problems that are with the game is placed on the players and their equipment.

Well, a lesson for the future, do not buy any more game from Activision Blizzard.

Most people on a tech. support forum will be there because they have an issue with the game, yes. It doesn’t mean that the cause of said issue is the same for everyone.

Absolutely feel free to post a MSinfo and the error you’re getting if that is the case, and we’ll be happy to double check that for you.

If the game as well as other programs never received any update, ever, then eventually? But antivirus are updated frequently and may block an installation from running even though everything worked perfectly the day before. A new update from your mouse drivers may crash Overwatch one day but worked fine the day before (that’s an example that we’ve seen in the past).

Nobody is blaming players.

If your car breaks down, you can bring it to a repair shop, and they can see what may be the issue, and help you fix it. It doesn’t mean that you intentionally broke the car yourself.

In the case of a game, and because we don’t have access to players’ computer, we need to troubleshoot what may or may not cause the issue you’re having. Which means trying different solutions to common issues. If we find out that something breaks the game, and if it’s something that we can change, then our developers can patch the game to fix the issue in question.

Dear yryadorne,

I dont expect you to respond anymore, as you haven’t been doing so before on my posts.

Can you get real and atleast admit the problems lays within blizzard and their game design.
Not sure what exactly has gone wrong but when thousands of people of both us & eu forums are complaining about the EXACT same issues, it’s probably the game and not the customer.

try to get a hold of that before reacting with anymore nonsense about what could be wrong on our side, I thought we were past this point a while ago but I guess not jeez…

If we find out that there is a common thread between all the players reporting these crash, we’ll be happy to help resolve it, just like when the developers fixed the AVX issue.

In the meantime, and as is often the case with tech. support, we first need to troubleshoot these issues in the absence of a known bug.

with all due respect cut the BS… I played the game 150 hours since it was released with 0 crashes - nothing and I mean NOTHING changed on my rig - except few diablo patches… after that im getting tons of crashes… this is a no-brainer… you guys did something to your software now its crashing… end of story. period. stop with the excuses please…

Sorry Yyryadorne i can´t comprehend. Have lost a HC last week a lvl 28 druid running in Sanctuario during crash a game. A few minutes before i got the same expirience in Horazons hide. Suddenly in fight your game pushed me back to menu and my toon is locked a minute. With luck he not died! I haven´t installed or running any bloatware or browser or other software in background nothing in my taskbar only your battlenet app starting your game.
I can tell you the real problem, your devs have not done there work correctly we have paid for. The betatest was a coffee party servers not tested under stress and your software is unfinished and does not deserve named release version. Software with this bugs and crashes randomly pushing players to queue without warning at most is an alpha version. The devs only investigate and try again and again.

And before you can say its possible your internet connection or routing to server isn´t running fine, will tell you its a smooth stable and fast running 1000/50 mbit/s 12ms ping line never crashed for near 3 years.

The really problem is your companies faulty hard and software we waiting your devs to fix this pain.

Is it just me, or does the reply from Blizzard Seem abit off-topic?
Just stop the excuses, revive characters that died due to your software crashing, and fix the damn problem!

I would love to do it, but I can’t. When I try to create a ticket through technical support I have an error:
You can’t submit this requested help. An error has occurred, perhaps temporary. Please try again later. I have a print screen of this message if you need.
Rest of your comments I’ll skip for now. Arguing here will not help to solve the problem.

Hey Avallach,

Can you try to upload the file on pastebin or Google Drive, for example? Alternatively, you should be able to post it here using the Preformated text option.