I changed mercenaries with infinity and lost... need :( recovered!?

When I changed mercenaries, I left the one I had with infinity and I’ve lost it… can it be recovered?

Unfortunately it is lost for ever. Next time don’t forget to unequip your merc before changing it.
This is ancient knowledge. Didn’t you know? Or forgot? Asking just to understand how ‘fast’ you’ll get your next Infinity. :slight_smile:

Somehow i can’t believe ppl telling they “lost” gear on mercs, when they are capable of building infinity…

11 Likes

This problem caused by RMT, for sure.

1 Like

You havent lost it, you just shreddered it while not unequipped before changing merc. BIG LOL

Wait, slowly… So you had the runes to make one of the most expensive RWs in the game… But you did not know that equipped items disappear on a merc when changed?

2 Likes

It’s gone…

Learned that lesson hard as well, but with other items… Lesson learned, you’ll most likely do it never again now

I put him in another character, he had a bad mercenary, and looking for another he forgot the change… things that happen.

To forgot is one…not to know at all about this gameplay feature once you were able to get such an expensive runeword (usually this happens after you have an extensive knowledge about the game and its mechanics) is something else…

How do you not notice the Conviction aura and remember to remove the weapon beforehand?
Also, how do you not know which mercenary is best for the build before even starting the character?

jajajajajjaja dios no me extraña que el mundo este como esta jajajajja
lo que extraña es que cambies de mercenarios si solo hay uno que sirve el de acto 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

another example of how hostile this game is to its players

it like it wants you to quit…

Sorry to hear it, HoggerPatoso! Sadly it wouldn’t be possible to recover, but hopefully you can get another one eventually and won’t make the same mistake again anytime soon.

4 Likes

what I hate is this is just one way the game can “stick it to you” and you just have to accept it and learn to not fall in to this hole again. (or just move on to a newer game )

shame they will never fix the holes!! or even put warnings up

unfortunaty players have become accepting of these “product characteristics” and are not sympathetic

1 Like

try path of exil :slight_smile: there is no anoying thing like that and even if a new annoying thing is made after a patch its fixed in less than a week

1 Like

Its not solely accepting, atleast not for all.

I for my part like this stuff and the missing warnings. I dont like the overly protecting way most modern games come along with. If theres no way i can make mistakes and if there are safety nets all over the place whats the point of my decissions in the first place.

It just comes down to personal preferences.

2 Likes

This game is from a different era…an age when games were much less hands on than they are today. Game developers didn’t feel the need to babysit players and insult their intelligence. This is not a ‘bug’. This is a feature. You are supposed to make mistakes and learn from them. But op should’ve learned his lesson before being able to get Infinity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“D2jsp cheating andies and buying items for real money has no effect on the game and will not ruin ladder/s” - d2jsp cheating scum trying to defend their site :slight_smile:

I’m not a D2jsp user and I hardly ever trade in general but I’m curious, don’t you have to trade items for FG before you can buy something else? Isn’t FG Just a middling currency? Don’t you need something of cumulative worth to buy something else?

Or do you just donate to get FG? If you can just donate to get FG and then buy items, then yes it’s broken, otherwise what’s the problem?

They say it shares FG across different games, and one of them uses FG as internal currency and also has inApps.