Just wanted to exit the game

Normally I just hit ESC to exit the game, but for some reason, I was just using my mouse this morning.
I clicked the icon that is universal for “close this window” and clicked YES because I thought I was about to exit the game.
But nothing happened… Other than my main character suddenly being gone :crying_cat_face:

how could this happen?! you clicked on deleting character. then you clicked on confirmation and its gone! damn it blizzard! ruining player expirience once again!

1 Like

It seems you have failed to grasp a rather simple concept.
But whatever rocks your boat, mate

Sorry to hear that you’ve lost your character, deep1977.

While there is indeed a confirmation message asking you if you want to delete your character, we’ve seen the feedback (especially concerning the icon being generally used to close windows).

Good luck with your next hero though, hope that you get some good loot! :pray:

Back in the days you could write blizzard of the loss of a character and they could bring it back, is this still possible?
Or is this a relic of Blizzards dead costumer service?

Besides that, I really love that you guys are posting here, seems like a big step back to good communication between the playerbase and the company.

I don’t believe that Customer Support has ever had the ability to restore characters in Diablo II, however that is something that was/is possible in World of Warcraft (and the feature was later added in game by the developers to allow players to restore their characters without going through a ticket).

They had! I used it my self back in idk, 2005-2008 something like that.

You had to open a ticket , write your account name and the name of the missing character and badabingbadaboom they come back

I have the same problem!!
I am sure that the quantity of cases will increase.
And then people will begin to jump out of a window to death because they spent a lot of time in anywhere. RIP :rage:

joins us :slight_smile:

Quick update in case anybody missed it, it should now be much harder to delete a character by mistake: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-1012-pc-console-patch-notes/4435

The character deletion icon was changed, and you now need to press and hold the confirmation button for 5 seconds. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pray for a rollback :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy:

@ Yryadorne
and what is for PC Users? :slight_smile:

Eh I did it too, you just gotta laugh at yourself. Poor design sure, but sometimes we all make a stupid.

On the flip side, it is really funny to see the mods respond to this post and none about the more serious/imminent server issues. Blizz gotta get some PR going or they are somehow going to become even less reputable than they are now.

booooooooooooooooooo, you guys suck

We dont need any stupid Micro Patch without an chance to play this Game.

Sorry but thats the Point since Day´s

Cant you have a text prompt that asks you to type in DELETE ? I know a few games that have this.