I honestly can’t believe that this error is still in the game. I’ve searched through posts dating years back and it seems to have never been fixed on BLIZZARD’s side - since it clearly isn’t user related. I have every single piece of advice, from dns flush, compatibility mode, disabling antivirus, adding anti-virus exception, disabling IPv6. It’s so inconsistent that I dread attempting to any bounties because 90% of the time I can’t stay in the game long enough to complete a chapter.
Let me answer some basic questions to speed this up:
- It’s not my ISP because this issue is ofc solely and completely isolated to blizzard and Diablo 3
- I’m running a direct ethernet cable to my modem which is a fiber connection
- The duration is random
- The disconnect happens more often I’m searching between different difficulties or swapping characters
- The blizzard app seems to lose connection as well
- Sometimes I can simply relaunch the game and it’ll be fine, other times it will immediately disconnect me
- My ping bar never drops to yellow or red, that is not the issue
I am this close to dropping the game because it’s so frustrating. I cannot believe that Blizzard hasn’t patched this on their end from the seemingly 2.5 patch that everyone mentions years ago. So here I am, willing to give this game one last benefit of the doubt if I can get tech support to COMPLETELY solve this issue for me.