Battlenet crushing on start-up

battlenet app crushing on start-up. tried to reintall it, to delete programdata and local data chache foilders, but still crush on start-up.

Hi : try it now – problem should be fixed.

1 Like

Unrelated but I receive a new patch every time I start the app

Hello Shaolin,

You aren’t alone, unfortunately… The issue started on 11 Nov and is still ongoing. The latest I was able to find is on the US Desktop App Tech Support forum:

If it prevents you from starting D3, you can forget about the launcher and launch D3 all by itself… that will work until D3 gets a patch. Hopefully, Blizzard will have solved this by then.

If you need help launching D3 without the launcher, let me know and I’ll provide some steps.

Thanks for the information. There is no problem with it launching after the update, whether that is a shadow update that doesn’t do anything or not, just that it takes a delay to go to “play” mode

1 Like

Hi again Shaolin,

Blizzard thinks they may have solved this issue… see:

Would you please check whether your Battle.Net App is still acting up… there hasn’t been an update to Diablo III since July in preparation for Season 24 but, if you have other Blizzard games, there may be some updating that needs to be done.

Please let us know…

2 Likes

Handy research. Thanks. After following those Insructions the auto patch still triggers though it doesn’t affect gameplay or logging in at the moment

ok - well, it’s not supposed to do that…

Let’s see if something else comes out from the devs. I can’t believe this has already been going on for 10 days !!!

Thanks for getting back.