Cannot create game. "Only available to party leader".... bug with being silenced has gone on for months

I’m not debating whether the silence was justified or not. I’m just wondering has there been any update on this bug that basically does not allow us to make games due to us being silenced which isn’t normal.

I understand silences are supposed to restrict your use of chat. But not being able to play a game I paid for normally that’s what suspensions/bans are for.

It’s been going on since at least September/October of last year. Is there any official update of a fix soon?

same bug also silenced

Same bug, also silenced…

The bug started in October. It is not as simple as it might seem to fix. Being silenced in any Blizzard game does it - which means it involves the Battlenet team, not just the D3/Classic team.

The last update I got on it was that it is on the Bug list. Beyond that, nothing else.

I can guess that because it is limited to only those Silenced and goes away when the Silence ends, it is low priority. Only a VERY few people have long enough silences to be impacted long term.

With everyone at home the past few months, I don’t expect any update soon.

Yep 90 dollars down the drain that they won’t refund, for a game we paid and can’t play. I’m silenced on another game for literally saying “you suck” because this guy got his buddies to spam report me. Now I can’t even play diablo 3 solo, by myself. A game I paid for that has nothing to do with the other game i’m silenced on.

Yeah, I saw your post on the US Bug Report forum. Chat silence penalties start at 24 hours for your first offence. For subsequent offences, the duration of the silence is doubled each time. You said that your latest silence is for two months…

Offence number…

1. Silence lasts 1 day
  2. Silence lasts 2 days
  3. Silence lasts 4 days
  4. Silence lasts 8 days
  5. Silence lasts 16 days
  6. Silence lasts 32 days
  7. Silence lasts 64 days

So, whilst it’s undoubtedly annoying that there’s a bug which is currently preventing you from playing Diablo III until the penalty expires, it’s not like this is your first offence or anything close to it.

Also, as I mentioned in the US thread, I highly doubt it was just “you suck” that caused you to get a silence.

I have silence for six months, goodbye to the season made for ladder bots, and not for players, I probably won’t buy anything from the blizzard, I’m probably not worth it and hope that something worthwhile will come out and without bugs

1. Silence lasts 128 days (4 months 8 days)
  2. Silence lasts 256 days (8 months 16 days)
  3. Silence lasts 512 days (1 year 5 months 2 days)

In which case, you’re up to your 9th offence.

I have this bug too right now but I doubt I’m silenced. Logging out and in fixed it, but now d3 planner can’t find my bnet profile.