Can't play a Monk - Laptop shuts down

First of all: It seems to be some issue only with the monk. I can play DH or Barb (which I usually prefere) for hours without any problems.

Sidenote: Not quite sure when exactly I changed from Window 7 to 10. It was a totally clean install on a brand new SDD.

I already played my monk till lvl 70. (Probably still on Windows 7)
About 3 weeks ago I wanted to play Diablo again (played the days before too). I started with an other character, and then thought about a change. After that I had to experience, that my laptop just shot down from one second to another. No error, no “blue screen”, nothing. - I started my laptop again, then the game - shutdown… - Tried again - Same
Then I thought: Is it probably because I changed to the monk? Before that, everything was fine.
So I started laptop and game again, but choose an another character - and no crash.

Until today I didn’t tried to play monk again. But played DH, CS, Nec and Barb for some hours - without any Problems.

A couple of minutes ago I tried my old monk again. I saw my character for about 1 seconds standing in town, and then my laptop shutdown…
I thought: Maybe some issues with an item or skill.
So I created a new Monk. I was able to play about the first 2 quests. Till the one with the side mission, when you can optionally kill 3 (wretched?) mothers. I was about to attack the second one, and then - shutdown.
I started laptop and game again - now I play DH again without problems.
That is pretty annoying.
Laptop is a Samsung with an up to date Windows 11. No Razor products (Logitech and Roccat).

Can you please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

I have a similar issue.
Machine does not shut down but Monk freezes during battle, all other gameplay around continues fine and Monk is doing damage but is just standing still. After the fight and all enemies are dead, Monk starts responding again. All other characters are fine and do not display this issue. Monk was fine until a few days ago.

Screen freeze and lag by the sounds of it, which might be a sudden latency dip. re-setting the network adapter settings via device manager can help. disable checksum offloads from properties worked for me

No, your issue is completely unrelated.

This hero…

I’m willing to bet that the change you made was after Patch 2.6.10 made Stone Gauntlets available for heroes other than Barbarians / Crusaders. and you equipped them without reading the legendary text, i.e.

Getting hit increases your armor by 50%, but reduces your movement speed by 15% and attack speed by 20%. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

The intention is that you need to combat the slowing by…

1. Maintaining 100% up-time on your class’s super-ability (e.g. Wrath of the Berserker on Barbarian, Akarat’s Champion on Crusader, et cetera)
  2. Equip Ice Climber boots, which prevents the immobilisation effects
  3. Equip an Invigorating Gemstone of Rank 25 or higher into a ring or amulet
https://pastebin.com/K0PBx8BG

Thank you so much,
I am such an idiot, yes it was the damn gloves.
How many times have I told people to RTFS :man_facepalming:

I am in your debt @Meteorblade-2266 , saved my fav char !

1 Like

In the meantime some time has passed and the current situation is as follows:

• there was at least one small patch
  • I had about two UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) error messages - I still know that message from Diablo 2 times.
  • therefore I uninstalled Diablo and battle.net
  • everything newly downloaded and installed.
  • but now everything is even worse. My latop turns off more often now. Yesterday (or the day before) after one or two rifts with the necro. And next, a couple of minutes ago just after about two ingame minutes with the sorc.
    For the time being, I won’t play Diablo anymore.

Edit 11. Dez.
About 3 days ago, I updated the game. Everything was fine on that day, played for more than an hour.
The day after, my laptop shut down again. I was still in the first solo game for about 10 minutes, and while changing some stats at Myriam - bye bye.
Yesterday everything was fine, played for more than an hour.
Today I got a shot down again. It was the first game of the day. While waiting for the end of a running grift, I collected the keys in all 4 acts. Then I joined the new grift. Some other was too fast, so I got back to town and was waiting - after a couple of seconds, bye bye.