Confirmation of murlocket drop on PS4

OK, have done 130 odd runs in s17 over the past 2 weeks, with nothing…moontooth seems to not spawn on a reliable basis, or at least, not like he does with the PC version of the game (just had a run of 23 attempts to get him to spawn).

Can anyone confirm that they have had this drop on the console version of the game (in particular, PS4)?

Can someone from Blizzard actually test and confirm that this drops? Not say “oh it should drop” but actually spin up the game on the PS4 and do runs until it drops (or has become mathematically impossible and should have dropped and it has become obvious that it isn’t in the console version of the game)…

so, I’m now up to 170 odd runs…no murlocket…all runs done in adventure mode. Said murlocket drops in adventure mode on the PC version of the game, so I’d expect the same to happen with the PS4 console version of the game…

Either I’m incredibly unlucky, or the console version has a much rarer drop rate for the murlocket [than the PC version of the game], or it doesn’t exist in the game for us.

I mean, basic QA Blizzard…it’s not hard to do.

I found a post from Oct 2018 said they had over 200 runs before it dropped. looks like Razormouth might drop it as well. but it is a pretty damn rare drop…

it ONLY drops from Razormouth, and he doesn’t spawn every run. I’m at 170 odd runs so far without luck…

If that is the case, then why it is significantly HARDER to get on console than the PC version of the game…it seems to drop within around 40 odd runs on the PC version of the game consistently…

This amulet has a chance to drop from the rare spawn monster ([Moontooth Dreadshark], the unique [Dune Thresher]in the [Sewers of Caldeum]. The drop rate appears to be unaffected by [difficulty], level or [Magic Find].

1 Like

my bad, I meant moontooth, I have no idea why I wrote razormouth lol. I’m getting confuzzled a lot of late (old age lol).

I’ve read the wiki articles on it, my gripe is that it seems SIGNIFICANTLY harder to get on console than the PC version of the game, by a factor of 5x or more…the drop rate should be the same across ALL platforms…

edit:

OK, it just finally dropped for me (yay!), so it does exist on console (PS4). However, it was just under the 250 run mark…significantly higher than the PC version of the game by all accounts from other players that I’ve spoken to who’ve found it on PC. Either I’m incredibly unlucky, or it is far more difficult to find on the console version of the game. If the latter, as I strongly suspect, it would be nice for Blizzard to explain why this is the case.

2nd edit: well, to balance my crappy RNG luck with the murlocket, I went hunting for Griswald’s worn edge last night - found it on my 10th or so run (I had done about 200 runs a few seasons ago prior to this without luck). So, very happy! And I just got the last remaining Blue legendary, The Clipper after about 20 runs. So, the only thing I’m missing from the game is the cosmic wings and rainbow portrait.