[D3] Challenge Rift 270 / 23-08-2022 too difficult, plea to fix

Hello,

I’m all for having a difficult Challenge Rift, but this is beyond silly. Please, Blizzard employees try out the EU version of the Challenge Rift and finish it in time on your first play-through.

Please change the Challenge Rift build, or buff the challenge rift build. This is going to cause a lot of unnecessary grief! Challenge Rifts should (and have) never be(/been) a mountain to overcome.

(Edit: Yes, I know that you can practice it and can get it down after about ~5-10 times of trying, but that’s not what most people will be doing.)

9 Likes

Come on Blizzard we are used to getting the short end of the stick compared to your native NA crowd. But this is obscene NA literally walks through hold disintegrate and clears first shot while EU’s is so hard even Pro-Players are finding it challenging. Come on blizz whats the game here? Make EU not want to even start the season?

4 Likes

Just watched the video of the Rift… please change it. This Rift is going to kill the Season start…

2 Likes

Kill it for sure. I fear that a lot of casual players who watch the videos suggesting to do a Challenge Rift at the season start, just simply get annoyed and just quit the season (which is looking to be a really fun season) and go back to PoE.

1 Like

I don’t know if I would quit the season, but just thinking about leveling without the boost makes my stomach turn upside down.
Thank god Raxx made a video about it and even wrote a Message to Blizzard about this topic… so we might have a chance that they change it.

2 Likes

True. Here’s to hoping :sunny:

2 Likes

after 5 tries managed to get to the guardian with 50 sec
with raxx video its doable but quite hard

that beeing said i also would welcome a simpler challenge rift for a season start

1 Like

Even following Raxx’s video I just die and if I slow it down to clear the way I run out of time. The start of a season is supposed to fun and full of promise not stressful and recent the game before it even begins

2 Likes

Amen to this. There’s even a thread about it in the us forum.

1 Like

Yeah, as usual we get a more difficult CR than the US, but this is really taking the… Do we really have to start S27 without the CR bag?

This CR is really bad for the season start. Please change!

1 Like

US forum got an official response

“Team is aware. Expect this to change sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback everyone.”

8 Likes

I’ve had about 5 practice attempts a mob looks at you and 1/2 your health is gone, this has to be about the worst seasonal CR since that time they had a Wudijo DH one.

This is going to be annoying come Friday, has anybody tried it in a group?

No, it’s not…

Chalenge rift should be a ritual for the beginning of the Season.
Season 27 players in Europe should boycott and no one play the season, because even having replaced the chalange rift a lot of players will not be able to finish it.

If everyone that attempts a challenge beats it, what they earn is a participation trophy, not a winner’s medal. For something to be a genuine challenge, there has to be the possibility of failing.

Besides, some of us remember seasons before Challenge Rifts were even a thing and we levelled up 1-70 without all the extra stuff just fine.

Well, this CR certainly was properly challenging. Had to do several attempts until I managed to clear it with mere seconds to spare.

I wouldn’t say it’s too difficult, just still a poor choice for season start.

Ridiculous season start CR - way too difficult, was looking forward to this season too.

I completed it on my first attempt. Put down hydras in front of you, electrocute stuff whilst at range, avoiding getting hit (so you don’t get slowed due to Stone Gauntlet stacks). Profit!

3 Likes

Just did it - studpidly slow - with less than a minute left.