D4 with microtransactions

Clearly cosmetics will be there to give steady income to focus on constant updates as the game will be live service. I would prefer a subscription like wow but I live with it I guess.
I know there will be probably ugly looking sets and weapons all around and than super duper transmogs to buy for real cash but hey, we will see about that. As far as you won’t be able to buy power or extra stash than in cool with it.

When did Blizzard ever ask you for money for game advantage?
Please refresh my memory on this:
WoW - Mounts, pets, level boost (available after months after launch only)
Overwatch - Pure cosmetic
Hots - Cosmetics and boosters (which don’t impact the play)

D4 will never be pay to win. relax. even if they add micro-transactions for cosmetics, no1 forces you to buy them right? Unless you wanna look “cool”.

once they add cosmetics u will be force to buy something. Likes happen in D3 now.
Non Necro dlc players, drop Necro loot. Why? Blizzard “force” you to buy necro!

If Diablo 4 will have MicroTransations… and no trades…
Prepare to pay around 2000€ to have a nice char :wink:

After DLC… bye bye 2000€ and spend more 2000€ for cosmetics!

1 Like

The Chinese version of Diablo III say hi.
Pay real money to buy in-game platinum.
Pay platinum to buy XP bonus potions from the in-game store.
More XP = more paragon = more main stat = more in-game power.

3 Likes

I really doubt it, I never bought any cosmetics in any game, just becouse someone have rainbow color wings and cool looking shield doesn’t budge me. I just want to play and enjoy. I have family I don’t have time to be on top of charts and slaying demons all night anymore. If I will be able to play peacefully at my pace, gaining new gear and have something to do than it’s ok for me.
Whoever spends 2k on cosmetics needs to re-evaluate his life choices

1 Like

Please, stop. Just stop! We’ve heard enough in too many other threads and posts of your dislike of the Necromancer DLC and the fact that you don’t have it and still on the extremely rare occasion have monsters drop Necromancer only items.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. Had this been the case, you’d have bought the Necromancer DLC a long time ago yourself. So clearly you have a choice in the matter.

Apologies for being so blunt.

3 Likes

Is she wrong? She’s not. She have her reason!
Blizzard will do the same in D4. They will trie to take all your money out!

Some may agree with you that this will be the case, but just because micro-transactions will exist in the game doesn’t necessarily mean you have to use them. The choice will remain yours alone.

And besides, it’s all just speculation so far as to the form that such micro-transactions will take. Although it appears to be leaning towards cosmetics as previously discussed.

Ofc not. In game will exist “only” the most ugly cosmetics. Because the most beautiful will be in shop… But u dont need to buy it ofc.

The thing someone like you are forgetting is gamers have been told this exact same thing before only for it to be changed later on.

I dislike any micro-transactions. Lets face it there is nothing small about them, can pay double figures for a skin these days. Unless someone can reasonably justify why a skin can end up costing close to a third or half of the full game (no-one can… it’s gouging).

Anyone who says cosmetics don’t affect gameplay are wrong, they do. That is exactly why they sell them, enjoyment of a game = affecting gameplay.

1 Like

Just exactly how does the looks of a hero affect the outcome of the game? In Diablo 3, it doesn’t matter what wings I have equipped, or what transmogs and dyes I’ve applied, the hero will play precisely the same.

It makes little difference really, whether or not micro-transactions are in D4. I’ll support their inclusion primarily because it means a source of revenue for Blizzard in order to finance further development, as I’ve said before.

The problem with the pay-once-play-always model is that sales will eventually drop off, which in turn cuts off development revenue. The inclusion of properly managed micro-transactions is a good thing, but again, as I’ve said before, only if it does not turn the game into a pay-to-win.

I think what needs to happen here is that Blizzard needs to strike a balance between which cosmetics are available for free, and which ones are purchased through micro-transactions.

3 Likes

u know Crusader? I love it, and i hate play with it cuz i need to Transform in dragon ball.
U know barbarian?! I like him too, but u know? I hate, because in every build i need to trasform him in Hulk non Sence!
DemonHunter = RedNinja BruceLee
Etc…

for some players (like me), the looks of a hero affect ALOT my dedication to that char.

1 Like

And I’m not arguing that. What I am saying is that it does not change the effectiveness of the character.

a full price game with full price expansions does not need employees and recources dedicated to microtransactions before the game is even out yet, its ridiculous, u can bet there is already a group of people at blizzard now tasked by the bosses with making models and content not included into the base game, when those people could be making extra content for the base game instead for every player to enjoy and collect.

FULL PRICE game, should not be allowed to cut content already on the disk to then sell later. Period, undefendable, greedy, and the fact they already talking about it now means it will have tons of items and junk like horse armors n stuff other players will never be able to get unless they pay extra in a loot and looks based game.
No worries my wallet stays closed for such greedy companies and malpractices

2 Likes

for me it does. if i dont like the char look, i dont care if he is the strongest in all game. If i can’t even look at him… it will change the effectiveness of that char (my game play)

100% with you in that.

2 Likes

Cosmetics… Who gives a sh!t?

If it makes little difference then why are you even wearing those wings or using transmogrify? All they are doing is making you pay for certain aspects of it. So if they made you pay for dyes then you can’t complain because they are only cosmetic afterall.

So if you went to a transmog in D3 and then tried it but it jsut went “insert money here >” that would be totally ok? I mean they are doing that in 4, making aspects of transmog locked behind paywalls. That is the hill you wanna die on? Well more power to you but it’s really just playing into greedy practices.

It belays your point to say “it’s meaningless” when you yourself attribute meaning to said things. They wouldn’t even be features at all if they added nothing to a players value or investment.

Choice isn’t an argument either, is only ever a choice to gamble, smoke, drink, do drugs. Doesn’t mean they are ok things to do. All of them play on compulsive and addictive behaviour much like many of these money making practices.

Cosmetics are a middle ground I will admit. That still doesn’t make them good things to have or something that needs defending. Saying they are acceptable is like saying “because x is worse then y is ok”. No… bad practices are bad.

1 Like

Thank you for supporting the argument of micro-transactions. The fact of the matter is that people want cosmetics and transmogs.

Now, assuming that you are the developer of a game that provides these facilities and you see an opportunity to create a revenue source through these cosmetics. Are you going to ignore a means of profit, or are you going to make money?

I’m not trying to vilify Blizzard. Far from it. All I’m saying here is that from a business point of view micro-transactions are good thing, because it (and I’m getting tired of saying so) allows for a revenue stream to be created which allows for further development of the Diablo franchise, which in turn will lead to even more revenue.

That is the nature of business. You create a product. You Sell the product. You find a way to make the product better so that you can sell more of the product. Deal with it.

Do none understand this very basic concept of human nature?

1 Like

Do you also understand the concept of them deliberately making the base game’s armour / weapon appearances ugly as hell, just so they can sell the good looking ones? They strip things out that would otherwise have been part of the full priced game, and then sell them back to you as microtransactions.

The whole concept is of deliberately putting in barriers so you can charge your customers to remove the barriers. Barriers that should never have been there in the first place.

3 Likes

Yes but thats the problem isn’t it? looking at things from a business point of view means little more than treating people like cash cows… then people wonder why people dislike being treated as such.

If you think the most of the profits go to the franchise you are also sadly mistaken, they go to the shareholders who will demand more next year.

The problem is they have blurred the lines between product now and should be vilified for it (now it’s ok to say you don’t even own your purchases). That transaction can and will be taken away from you without your say as soon as the service goes off.

What is the consumers recourse in this transaction? There isn’t one, it’s all out of the consumers hands, unlike every other thing you can purchase. There is a reason for subscriptions on games like WoW, so it is legalised as a service you continually pay for (as is why the outrage for cosmetics in WoW is also justifed). If you don’t have a sub you are not offering an ongoing service.

1 Like