DIABLO III PTR 2.7.1 | Preview Blog

Is there a chance to remove smart loot for Ethereals ? I really want the transmogs, but I also don’t feel like playing all classes.

If you are forced to play another class for a cosmetic item, that removes part of the fun.

I understand the Wings of Mastery grind, but not this…

1 Like

I am assuming these trasmogs come only with this bluish aura, right? No other colours?

All the Ethereal weapons have the teal / turquoise colouration, yes.

As the Feat of Strength isn’t active on the PTR we don’t know for certain what the transmogs will be, but it would make sense that they match the seasonal items’ appearances.

1 Like

OK, but what about the problem where the game is still freezing?
I’m trying to raise the level of legendary gems.
The game literally froze in one GR level 125 run over 10 times in a row.
When does Blizzard think to fix that bug in the game !?
It’s a game breaking bug that everyone has known about for months,
but no one is doing anything to get rid of it!
Shame!

PTR patch notes just got updated…

Well done blizz, you’ve really out done your self’s once again. You’ve essentially buffed firebirds with the new ptr patch update, a build that is OP anyway and you’ve basically nerfed WD by not giving them any choice of what ethereal weapon’s they can use. Also this will make it so for Wd to find the correct weapon for our build will be 3x harder to find than every other class. What if we never find the right weapon with the right rolls on it for our builds, the whole season will be a waste of time and ppl may never play Diablo again. Just buff all Skills by 200% on all WD ethereal weapons. How hard is that!! Obviously im talking on behalf of ppl who only want to play WD but shouldn’t we get equal opportunity as other classes.

Goodmorning,
On the Ethereal Windforce is besides Dextery also Strength, i suppose its not ment to be on that weapon .

Maybe consider on low lvl leveling to lvl 70 that a ethereal is not hard to drop till something like lvl 60 or so.

• maybe easier drop only at solo leveling
  • Or make a ethereal for each class specific for low lvl .
    Would be a pitty if you introduce in a new season with a theme based on ethereals that Ethereals has a dropchance that wont help you at lowlvling since the drop is to hard. (solo low leveling you start most at the time not higher then normal/hard)

Thx for your time and also hope you consider that a part of those ethereals wont disappear after the season :grinning:

It absolutely is supposed to be on that weapon because the Diablo II Windforce had STR on it. All of the Diablo III Ethereals are throwbacks to their Diablo II counterparts. There are other examples where “off stats” are on class weapons.

When I was solo-levelling 1-70 on the PTR I got 6 or 7 Ethereals. Heroes become eligible for Ethereals from level 11 and upwards. In the same way that you tend to get a Leoric’s Helm before you hit level 13, you’re probably going to get your first Ethereal around the same time. They are incredibly powerful whilst levelling. I had an Ethereal one-hander on my Barb that was 9 levels lower than a one-handed legendary, and the Ethereal had almost double the weapon damage, and 100% bonus to Barb skills, so a damage doubler.

From PTR, drop rates of Ethereals appear to be approximately 1 in 100 legendaries. (That’s drop rate, not including PTR vendor caches). So, by the time you’re doing speed-runs of GR, where you get 12 legendaries per GR, if those runs take you 5 minutes each (GR, spend blood at kadala, salvaging, etc) that’s 12 runs an hour, which is 144 legendaries. So, you’d be expecting to find an Ethereal at least once an hour.

I think that you worry too much about the leveling proces. I guess you know the methods to level to 70 in an efficient way? If you’re lucky and get an ethereal it can be faster but that’s down to rng. It shouldn’t take too long anyway. Another part of the leveling is getting the full set from the gift. Once you have that your chances of getting ethereals will be much better.

Thx for all the good feedback

I am not worry much :grinning:
It just has it charms to sololeveling a character by myself in stead of a powerboost by a 70 character. It is more fun now with a ethereal at low lvl,
Just didnt know if the dropchance on PTR is the same as in the season.
(Woud be a shame if have such nice weapons now and that they wouldnt drop at lowlvl ,because dropcnance ir to high,so thats why i asked)

When you get an ethereal you can make it available for a level 1 character and have fun leveling up a new hero.

Ethereals are class-specific, so unless your new hero is the same class, they won’t be able to use them.

Community Manager has made a request for help tomorrow to test that season end / rollover (as would happen at the end of Season 24) does not result in ethereal weapons ending up on non-seasonal heroes. Details here…

Season end / rollover
11:00 PST = 19:00 BST = 20:00 CEST

PTR closes
15:00 PST = 23:00 BST = 00:00 CEST

It’s posted in the PTR bug forum. Wouldn’t it be wise to get it in the us general forum too… where there has been a lot of discussion about ethereals?

It is…

In a separate thread to gain more attention.

So…

Here’s my PTR Barbarian ready to see what happens at the Season 24 end on PTR…

In the Stash…

• One of each ethereal, with a socket, with a gem in it
  • One of each ethereal, with a socket, without a gem in it
  • One of each ethereal, without a socket
  • One of each ethereal, unidentified
  • PTR Bag of Fortune (contains ethereal weapons)
  • PTR Weapons Pack (contains ethereal weapons)

On the Hero…

• Equipped ethereal

In the Hero’s Inventory…

• One of each ethereal
  • PTR Bag of Fortune (contains ethereal weapons)
  • PTR Weapons Pack (contains ethereal weapons)

I also had a level 1 Wizard, which I’d used to equip the Barb’s Enchantress with INT-based items, and in her Inventory I had one of each ethereal weapon. I deleted this hero prior to the season end, to see if using the option to recover the most recently deleted hero would bring her back and, if so, whether her inventory still had ethereals in it or not.

–==[ EDIT ]==–

Confirmed that none of the ethereals, by any method, made it back to non-seasonal.

2 Likes