Diablo immortal not in the netherlands

Why is it not coming in The Netherlands its only illegal in Belgium

please i hope you look in to this or give us a sollution to this issue

i am really looking forward since diablo 4 takes ages.

this is a really big disappointment and i do think i am not the only one.

Greetings

Visa

1 Like

Is there some kind of a list of what countries in Europe that immortal is available/not available in?
(Or is it because your device is not supported and therefore immortal doesn’t show up in your app store?).

1 Like

Its a gambling (lootboxes) issue like Fifa 22 in belgium they are stricter then in the netherlands i believe. you can buy platinum and with platinum you can buy gems (dont know exactly what the the problem is) if you can sell the gems for real money then its a issue.

1 Like
4 Likes

its insane if you look to the commercials on the TV one out of 5 is a online bet company thats approved this year or last year. And lootboxes in games is a big issue

they completely lost it in the netherlands.

maybe some lawyers of the big gaming industrie can make a case against belgium and the netherlands.

hopefully Diablo Immortal will not turn into “pay to win”…

There seems to be an aspect of pay to play if you want faster progress.

Its also illegal in the Netherlands. the lootbox gambling thing.

it can only be allowed when they give the chance % for each item that can drop in those boxes.

it seems that not only faster progression sadly, the Awaken Legendary items and Resonance would be obtain via real money… ok, they say might be possible only by playing somehow, but that means you get 1 Awaken Legendary item in 1 year and will real money you will get ALL of your items as Aweken Legendary in 1 day… PAY TO WIN GAME!

2 Likes

thx for this blizzard. with your crappy pay to win shit . I’m dutch can’t even play the game. A big fuck you

1 Like

You know to add salt too our wounds…
Overwatch lootboxes are illegal aswell and they just simply disabled them, so we could still play their game (Thank you Daddy Kapplan).
Why they just don’t do the same here? I call they just don’t know how…

Well it might actually be impossible without changing a lot more. The game is so much built around monetization as is, it is simply scary especially since some things they did on the social front like with guilds and having to do raids together could well be for fostering a social experience, but also ties in with monetization. Intended or not. Saying that as someone that played a few p2w MMO’s in past. :stuck_out_tongue:

i couldnt disagree more - i would wish more countries (including mine) would have these regulations.

then there would be pressure to gaming companys to actually produce good games again - instead of trying to milk every cent out of their playerbase with confusing p2w microtransactions.

also the word microtransaction is a little bit misleading nowadays - those packs are nowadays a lot more expensive than a full AAA-game.

blizzards arguments are mostly - look at the other mobile games - they are the same.
but if everyone sells garbage - its still garbage.

1 Like

If lootbox gambling in the Netherlands is banned, its hardly fair to blame blizzard.

They could have chosen to make a game without lootboxes or offered the game in those countries without lootboxes.

It was their decision to monetize it as they did and be aware Spain likely will introduce legislation as well for lootboxes. So if you are a p2w Spanish player you might well lose access to your investments in a few months.

Well im glad that lootboxes are forbidden its at least an step forward and well as expected its D3 with mobile monetization.

Hear hear.

When I saw the “you have completed first dungeon on Hell 1 difficulty - here’s 49 Euros pack you can buy to celebrate” today, I was like “Blizzard have you lost ALL shame?”

That is literally a cost of a decent AA game there and pushing right into AAA region.

And that’s supposed to be a “reward” for reaching some milestone in-game. To congratulate me they give me an honor of spending 50 Euros for something that realistically is a drop in the ocean as far as actual D:I value is concerned.

This is really an absolutely unrestrained disgusting greed. And the saddest part is that I don’t even mind MTX that much, I paid for some stuff there like battle pass and such. So I am not some no-MTX ever activist or something. Yet still, this thing - it makes me cringe in disgust.

I hope that more countries grow some soulstones to implement restrictions Belgium and NL do - because regulation is the only real way to restrain this predatory practice. Unfortunately Bel/NL alone can’t do it - they are too small. You need bigger countries to join in.

That is unviable. People elsewhere would justifiably complain that players in Belgium and the Netherlands receive everything free, whilst everyone else has to pay. It’s either free for everyone or at cost for everyone.

Or just make it a very low drop chance for EVERYONE. Like all the games do it…
Overwatch they disabled buying boxes but you still receive them with leveling. Or if you want their event boxes, with the friendly status thing (forgot it’s name… Like a honor badge system)

Nope you still could have had the battle pass and a few other things in the game, so that argument is wrong anyway.

Just it would have meant players of Belgium and The Netherlands could not have used lootbox and would have been unable to reach the power of high level gems as goes for any free player or low spender in game unless they win the lottery a few times in a row It might happen for one or two, but not for rest of them. :slight_smile: