Freezing,Crashing and sometimes d3d error

Hello,
I’ve been having trouble with performance on Diablo 3 and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

When I log into the game I have huge lag spikes, after joining or starting a game the screen starts freezing and it moves frame by frame sometimes it takes 30-40sec to see the next frame. The problem appears in Rifts and GRifts too when I’m entering or sometimes in the middle of the fight.(+also in town)

In the beginning i experienced poor performance and texture bugs only. Then the season started and it turned out to almost unplayable. Sometimes I have d3d error too.

I tried everything I could find in forums/youtube videos/official suggestions. It became worst especially in 32bit. Btw D3D error disappeared after some troubleshooting steps i had done but the main problem is still here , still unplayable.

The timing is absolutely random , the logging in lag spikes are always here but the freezing,crashing varies between 5min - 60min. In the meantime I have extremely poor in-game performance. I tried to lower the graphics settings etc… nothing helped.

My pc : 2700x,16gb 3200Mhz,Taichi ultimate,SSD,GTX 1080Ti , native resolution : 2560x1440. ( I dont use DSR !! triple checked even Geforce experience suggests it.)

I know this is an old game probably optimized to one cpu core etc… but I never had problems with diablo 3 on weaker PC-s in the past !

DxDiag- pastebin/W1RmSSV2
MsInfo- pastebin/cWbn8HqN (I had to delete some parts otherwise I couldn’t upload. Let me know If something important is missing.)

I use Logitech and Corsair(ICUE) drivers might be these two causing the problem but If it’s the case , from the Logs it should be visible.

Please Help me, I never had Technical issues in Diablo 3 before. I’d like to play normally with my friends.

I had a look at those diagnostic logs, and I fear they’re not boding well - and sadly it has nothing to do with how Diablo III is optimized (which by the way does support multiple cores).

To give a bit more detail on this: typically the bulk of an MSINFO log is the “Windows Error Report” section, basically the “diary” of the operating system with notes on all conflicts/crashes that were recognized as such by Windows.
In this case most of these errors records refer to core components of the operating system itself (and a few other games than D3 that also suffered severe conflicts), and thats not counting the parts you needed to delete to fit the upload limit. Chances are there were actually a lot more of these errors reports than are showing right now.

With the data that is in the log I would unfortunately have to diagnose impending operating system failure here, which would very much explain the poor performance you’ve been getting in the game. You may want to reach out to local technician for a more in-depth diagnosis (there would certainly be more that could be found out via hands-on testing), or consider a fresh installation of Windows if that is an option for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply Veadsarias. I concluded the same but as you mentioned a fear to reinstall the whole operating system is not good at all. Currently I cant, extreme amount of data I have to save first wisely and only after that I can reinstall the windows which I’ll try as soon as the conditions will be slightly fine. So all in all nothing to do right now.
It may take a week for me to finish this procedure but after that If my post will be open, I’d like to share the results.

Have a nice weekend

Disable core c6-state in BIOS.