Game freezes/crashes

Hello

As most players know, there are a lot of random multiple second freezes happening, and especially for hardcore players, this is just an inevitable death.

There are a few ‘solutions’ floating around, like the Fmodex.dll ‘fix’, which leaves you without sound, but even while doing that people still run into issues.

I was checking D3Debug today everytime I had a freeze, and ran into a lot of these errors:

I 23:24:56.583156 [BGS] |event=rich_presence_failure|key=id: 117180175, id: 903464080 program: 17459 region: 2|missing_presence_unique_id=458757 (src\low\service\presence\rich_presence.cpp:156)

As far as I can tell, this issue is related with the tooltip in discord when it displays what game you are playing for friends. I have no clue if there is a relation, but I’d like to get some acknowledgement that this IS an issue people (and blizzard in particular) is aware of. I’ve seen plenty of D3Debug files containing the exact same error, on the exact same line of the code. Surely worth looking into.

There is a main thread on US forum about frequent freezing on Win10 build 2004 (probably build 20H2 as well):

1 Like