Game keep crashing cant play

Every time i am trying to play the game just crash after 2 min, I have updated every thing in my pc and did repair in the launcher,still cant play , that’s the error that i get every time
CBCCF16D-E357-4096-A29E-820557739823

link to pc info https://1drv.ms/t/s!AuHxzeBFWGf9bP8QY_9DsBEPzxU?e=1L2TkQ

I have similar problems. I can log into the game, but when I have selected a character and try to enter game, it freezes and the screen goes gray. The only way to fix my PC then is to do a computer restart, can’t even access task manager.

1 Like

From the report there’s a couple of things to try here.

1. Reinstall the latest Graphics drivers, we suggest first uninstalling them and then installing the latest ones from the GPU Manufacturer’s website.

2. It’s possible that AVAST was responsible for the crash, so updating, or reinstalling the program may fix the issue. Though you may need to uninstall it to test if it that also fixes the crash.

If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

I experience the same issue sometimes.
I created a bat file on my desktop which kills the process in this case, which saves me the time of a complete reboot.
The file contains this command:
taskkill /F /IM "Diablo III64.exe"

I’m getting random freezes for a second, sometimes it freezes then crashes in Windows 10 1909. While in Windows 10 2004 it freezes for 5-10 seconds. Below is the DxDiag from Windows 10 1909.

https://pastebin.com/Vi4Jp0Hm
1 Like

Could you also upload your msinfo please? The only thing I really see is that your graphics drivers are crashing, but not specifically why.

I upgraded back to WIndows 10 2004 after Season 20. But yes, the game is still crashing and freezing here is the new DxDiag:

https://pastebin.com/BYwGRu4S

And MSInfo:
https://pastebin.com/rUqmX8Fx

Are you able to save the MSINFO as a Text File though? Use the Export As, mentioned from here: Obtaining System Files - Blizzard Support

Here you go

https://pastebin.com/rUqmX8Fx

same, system crashes and resorted to “improper” shutdown whenever “play” is initiated. am still in win 7

Same issue here. I’ve repaired the game and it didn’t work. So I uninstalled it and installed into a new folder in a different disk with no luck either.

I can play for like half an hour with no freezes whatsoever or get 5 freezes in the same rift. For me it is happening solo or in a group of 2-3-4. When it does happen there’s a Windows window coming up saying that Diablo 3 is not responding and then 5 to 10 seconds later the game just goes back to normal. In about hundreds of these freezes in the past 24 hours, it has only crashed to desktop once and didn’t give me any error prompt.

Windows 10 2004 OS Build 19041.329
RX480 4GB with AMD Driver 20.5.1

PS: People are saying that reverting OS version works but I would hate having to do this. This is a workaround not a fix. [Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds - Technical Support - Diablo 3 Forums

I was able to fix this issue on my system. If you’re seeing FMOD errors in the D3Debug.txt file in the game directory, replace the fmodex.dll with another version. I have a link in the thread below. I am using the 64bit version of the game and the link is for the 64bit version of fmodex.dll

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/games-freeze-for-5-10-seconds/18380/16?u=foureight84-1430

I am having a similar problem. My game keeps randomly crashing too, sometimes after a few hours or even after mere seconds.

It fully crashes the system to the point where I cannot even Alt+F4 or anything. The only option I have is to full restart my PC via the power button.

I have checked & re-downloaded my graphics drivers (were up to date anyway), reinstalled the Blizzard Launcher, reinstalled Diablo 3, re-checked the game files with the repair tools a second time, disabled all overlays from Discord and ran the program as administrator, yet it still seems to keep randomly crashing my PC.

I disabled Avast antivirus and i get no more random freezes.

821C61FE-6358-4CF3-97B1-B356F3D615DE (Report ID)

Im done blizz. Lost a 130 + solo necro just cause of your freeze bugs now. I wont play your broken hc game anymore and soon no one else will eihter or buy D4 unless you compensate us. at least fix so we get kicked few secs after high ping that would save a lot and cant be to hard to do can it? ffs. 10k hours in a game soon 9 years old and cant play.

I installed Diablo 3, as I was craving to play it again, but first time I started the game today I got the message saying: Diablo III cannot initialize D3D, press Ok to retry. It then started, but the resolution was weird (1440x900) I could change it back to 1920x1080 and everything was alright. Made my character and started a game and it instantly crashed to desktop with no error. Restarted the game and every setting was still correct. Started again with the character I made and got up to New Tristram and then it CTD again with NO error. I think there’s seriously something wrong with S22’s Update.

I agree and want my money back!

I’m getting random freezes for a second, sometimes it freezes then crashes

DxDiag DXdiag - Pastebin.com
MSinfo MSinfo - Pastebin.com

After this week my wife and i started the game and get the movie (the movie you get after installing Diablo3 for the first time) but we didn’t install it again we just get that movie one day… after that the game is all the time freezing, it’s impossible to Run Greater Rifts because im death before i start, because i had a frozen screen!

My Wife got the same, just after we saw that strange startup movie we cant play normal anymore!

i dont even use a virusscan or Firewall,
last week no problem at all and now! it’s - - - !

My problem started last night. I changed the difficulty to higher (Torment 7) and when I teleported to a bounty event waypoint the game crashed and I have not been able to start game with any of my characters since.