Gibbering gemstone wont drop

gibbering gemstone wont drop from chiltara as today i killed it 4 times one on campain mode and adventure mode in frost cave i thought it suppose to be 100% drop rate from her as i got all the rest of the peices even the recipe for staff of hearding,can someone help plz :frowning:

Nope – far from it actually !

1 Like

It took me about 150-200 runs to drop it.

And then I did 100 runs in the hope of seing Sir William spawn but he hasn’t yet and I’ve stopped there as it’s so boring to farm Whimsyshire alone :laughing: Don’t hesitate to let me know if you feel like making a team.

1 Like

It used to be 100% drop rate but on the flipside Chiltara was a rare spawn. Now it’s the other way around, Chiltara has a guaranteed spawn rate but the Gibbering Gemstone has a very low drop rate.

Just a small reminder: if you already have acquired the rainbow portrait from Whimsyshire, it is worthless trying to craft the Staff of Herding. There’s nothing else worthwhile to farm there.

If you still don’t have portrait frame, then good luck farming the mats! You’ll get them eventually.

1 Like

Just going to quote my own response to a similar thread…

…just thought I’d better put that out there, on the off-chance you think this will potentially lead to the Cosmic Wings, which it won’t, as they only come from Whimsydale.

1 Like

are thx guys n gals its ok i prob distroy stuff as i do have hearding staff on my other account :wink:

I’ve tried a lot and Chiltara doesn’t spawn everytime, half of the times I’ve tried she spawned. And the cavern of frost doesn’t spawn in every game either from what I’ve experienced.

No drop so far anyhow

Yes, my statement was indeed partially incorrect. Chiltara has guaranteed spawn in Campaign Mode but in Adventure Mode the spawn rate is about ~80%.

If you want to slightly increase your odds, farm in Campaign Mode.

If you want to farm in Adventure Mode, always check the active bounty if there is one. If you see “Clear Icefall Caves” or “Cursed Glacier”, restart your session immediatelly.

2 Likes

Spawn rate 80% is bs. I farmed for the Chiltara and its drop for well over a week… You cant find any real actual percentages of the spawning and drop rate of the item anywhere.
Trying to kill Chiltara just by looking for the Adventure modes bounty is just a waste of time, most of the time you dont get the correct bounty so its faster to just run to the area to see if the cave is there or not.

Kirottu’s explanation is perfect and accurate. Not his fault if someone misunderstands him.