GR 112 cleared, how can I improve now?

Hi, I usually quit seasons well before getting full ancient items and paragon 1k, but this time I felt like it and I’m having a blast! Got a monk and a DH almost full ancient, but I found my first serious wall on GR 113 solo.

Not being very experienced in higher rifts, what should I focus on now? I have no augment runes yet, should I go for them as prio? And if so, what’s the most efficient way to level up gems?

Also, are augments really what will allow me to progress further in GRs, or should I change strategy and stuff from now on? I put my monk on the side for now and am playing a GoD DH, mainly solo but I can also of course group up if that’s more efficient.

Thanks in advance

I don’t know if your profile shows the best push build with Valla, Cirri an Crimson… I believe augments and area damage and clever use of maps, pylons and season theme is important in this season for the GoD DH. Fast levels of gems can be done either in lower GRs that are cheap to empower or in group speeds that’ll also give you a lot of paragons. Also take a look at some of Raxxantarax’s and Wudijo’s youtube videos.

Oh no, that was a silly attempt, since I had those two ancients on my monk and I wanted to try a different flavor :slight_smile: I quit the GR midway through because it was taking AGES.

I read you can “play around” the season buff but I’m not sure how. Is there a guide you can redirect me to? Thanks again

If you’re attempting GR113 as your wall, I’m going to presume that you can comfortably run GR90s in 2-3 minutes per run. I’m also going to assume that this late into the season you’ve got plenty of gold. In which case, run empowered GR90s without dying. That will get you five, 100% guaranteed gem upgrades until the gem is rank 80. Then run an empowered GR94 (gets the gem to 85), run an empowered GR99 (gets the gem to 90), run an empowered GR104 (gets the gem to 95), run an empowered GR109 (gets the gem to 100).

So, the GR90s take 2-3 minutes each, and let’s say the other four GRs take an average of 10 minutes each. That’s 32-48 + 40 minutes, so roughly 1 hour 20 minutes per gem. Rank 100 Caldesann’s Despair means adding 500 DEX to each augmented gear item. So, you’d gain 13 * 500 DEX = 6500 DEX. That’s a good chunk of extra damage / armour but you’re looking at 17-18 hours of GR runs to get it.

1 Like

^This is so useful, thanks!

Wudijo got a 150 solo clear by having the tornados kill the guardian and Raxx is doing 150s trying to do the same by using the snowball or tornados. They do that with close to perfect gear, with perfect stats, and an awful lot of keys (Wudi used 5.5K!). I’m not advicing you to try that high clears but on good maps with good density a good amount of season stacks can be a great help, combined with luck of course. Go find their channels and have a look at their latest videos.

The mentality of going further is a direct result of deliberate game design and one or two insiders making it sound as if you’re becoming a better person by doing it.