Grayed out Start Game - "only available to Party Leader"

This bug has been happening increasingly more often:

I log into the game, but cannot press the Start Game button and mouse-over displays the message “only available to Party Leader”. I also cannot chat which displays the error “not connected”.

This is now a continuous thing, preventing me from playing altogether.
I uninstalled the game and removed any leftover folders in Users and re-installed without success.

Hi:

Did you get an e-mail from Blizzard saying your account was silenced ? if so, you will need to wait until the silence is lifted.

This topic provides more information:

This explains it…
I did get silenced but on World of Warcraft.
Thank you Boubou!

1 Like

i have the same problem for months now. really annoying.gotten a silence because of a loud mouth german who started first . even more crappy when you have the curses conquest after a few games i have to do a full game restart. cant even switch chars. shows how much they care about their own game if they dont even fix a small bug

Assuming that “the same problem” is not being able to play while under a silence in one of Blizzard games… there is no solution or workaround. Blizzard knows about the issue, has recognized it as being a bug, but has yet to correct it.

Blizzard is always looking for talented and motivated people; perhaps you should apply: Careers at Blizzard Entertainment | Blizzard Entertainment jobs

Seriously, however, my understanding of this issue is that it is not “a small problem”; in order to solve it, the developpers of both Diablo 3 and BattleNet will need to combine their efforts. I suspect the issue is of very low priority at the moment.

very low priority? you know how often that shit happens. its even worse when you have the curses conquest and have to fully restart the game every 2 minutes

The thing that has very low priority (as it’s now been outstanding for a year) is the bug whereby if you receive a chat silence penalty, in any Blizzard game not just Diablo III, you are prevented from starting or joining a Diablo III game until the penalty period runs out.

If you get the issue where you cannot start or join a game and it’s not as a result of a silence penalty, there are other things you can try before having to exit and re-start the game client, e.g. from the Hero select screen, change to another hero, then back to the one you wanted to go into game with, or go into the cosmetics and change which pet you have active. These sometimes seem to trigger the game into re-checking whatever it is that makes the client think you’re unable to enter a game session. Hope that helps.

1 Like

i cant do anything not even change character , can only restart blizzard app and then the game

I have messaged this directly to people because this will disappear because we can’t have people knowing their rights!

Regardless of what the Blizz staff here on the forum try to tell you or what they say to undermine a post, The fact is none of that is relevant because it’s actually a crime in the United States to sell anything a company knows is broken or has something wrong that would prevent the consumer from the products use without disclosing that to the consumer. This specific aspect that BLizzard is allowing to go on is called:
Deceptive trade practice, false advertising, and consumer fraud.

Currently If you go to the store page and read it, there is ZERO mention that not being able to play is a possibility. A company is required by law to make the consumer aware of a problem they are aware of, and the mention of it has to be in a reasonable place on the sale page as well as in a place the consumer will actually read it, The US supreme court rules that something like this cannot be hidden in a place a consumer won’t go to or bother to look at such as some small link at the bottom of a page that links to something else that has it in some small section at the bottom of a page where it says this…That does not satisfy anything.

Blizzard is based in the state of Washington and they are selling a product they full well know the report system they have in place, breaks the games ability to be played. A company cannot purposely knowingly sell a product (Regardless of what that product is or the form that product is in…I.E physical, digital…ETC…i) in the condition Diablo III is in without disclosing as they put it, a bug that will stop the consumer from playing the game.

This means Currently by Blizzard allowing Diablo III to be sold on their store page with this so called bug, is 100% illegal under Washington State law.

The state of Washington prohibits consumer fraud practices such as false advertising, odometer tampering, and other types of deceptive trade practices which can be found in the The UDTPA (Federal Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act )

It is important to understand that Washington has not adopted the UDTPA itself as a whole, however the deceptive trade and other practices laws that the UDTPA covers that is illegal still do apply to Washington state.

There are also several other things Blizzard is allowing to go on that aren’t actually legal either…For more on this see:

Chapter 19.86 RCW UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES—CONSUMER PROTECTION

This link is a .gov which means federal and official not some 3rd party .org or unofficial people can try to argue doesn’t work or doesn’t apply.
https: //apps(dot)leg(dot)wa(dot)gov/rcW/default(dot)aspx?cite=19.86

Of course, before you’re allowed to play the game you have to read and agree to the End User License Agreement, which says…

License Limitations . Blizzard may suspend or terminate your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Disruption / Harassment : Engage in any conduct disrupting or diminishing the game experience for other players, or disrupt operation of Blizzard’s Platform in any way, including:

1. Disrupting or assisting in (i) the disruption of any computer used to support the Platform or any Game environment; or (ii) any other player’s Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
  2. Harassment, “griefing,” abusive behavior or chat, conduct intended to unreasonably undermine or disrupt the Game experiences of others, deliberate inactivity or disconnecting, and/or any other activity which violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct or In-Game Policies.

So, saying naughty things in chat is very much something they can suspend you for, or even terminate your account for, depending upon severity.

If you do not agree to the EULA, you’re entitled to a full refund (within a reasonable timeframe) of the product.