Have anyone tryed season of not existing?

Have anyone tryed the season of not existing, and are the rewards better than normal Grifts? Since its easyer getting primal ancients than trying the season theme?
Is it worth keep trying to get it or better just to forget about it?

I usual get better loot doing normal rifts, so if there is not trible primal reward or something worth the rarety of it, then ill just skip it.

Noone in the game can answer my question, so either they are overall bad community or they havent tryed it like me…

You’re a bit late. Season started almost two months ago.
:smiley:

i just startet and wanted an answer, but now i was lucky to get one and was not impressed at all. Running normal rift is more rewarding

The drop rate of the Petrified Screams seems to be around 5% from GR guardians. So, on average, for every 20 GRs you run, you’ll get one and be able to run an Echoing Nightmare with it. In the loot chest at the end of the EN, you’ll get a Whisper of Atonement. The highest rank that drops at is 125 (although it can be upgraded to 150, just like legendary gems, at the end of GRs). So, let’s say your GRs take you 5 minutes each. That means a Tier 125 whisper is the equivalent of doing 25 GRs, essentially saving you just over two hours of levelling a gem 0-125 (assuming you can run GR134 to ensure 100% upgrade rolls, and that you empower / don’t die so you get 5 upgrades at a time).

Effectively, the ENs giving you whispers is a massive time-saving on getting 625 stat Caldesann’s Despair augments for all your ancient / primal gear.

2 Likes

A “normal” rift usually means a nephalem rift where the difficulty and rewards are scaled with the difficulty level - up to T16. The other kind of rift is a greater rift that goes up to GR 150.

Since these only work on gear with no sockets, that mean they can only be used on gloves, boots, shoulders and Bracers? Was better if you could use them on all gear, so you still have to level up a lot gems.

That’s not how they work… you do not put them in equipment.
(besides, they grant no power, unlike the usual legendary gems)

Their sole purpose is as crafting material in the Caldesann recipe in the Cube – they replace the legendary gem that you normally have to provide.

And the Caldesann recipe will work with any Ancient and Primal Ancient equipment.

2 Likes

Also of course it saves a load of that time when you find an upgrade to an item you use, making it easier and faster to use new items or swap a bit and especially for SSF players that will have lower paragon and number of items dropped you will have higher caldesanns on your equipment way faster as in past.

Also making it easier to have higher gem levels on those gems you normally only used for caldesann’s. Funnily enough on some slow hero’s that lightning gem can be quite nice to speed him/her up a bit for example when farming, even if it sucks fir damage since weapon based damage.

I do like the feature especially as a permanent feature to game, just as a seasonal theme it is a bit light. As such it reminds me of followers themed season, great as permanent addition. Not as great as a season, but considering size of team I guess they are not able to do both at the moment.

Ah, yes, about that…

1. The follower changes were implemented to live prior to the season starting
  2. The follower changes were available to non-seasonal heroes
  3. The follower changes were permanent, i.e. persisted after the season ended.

In no way was that a seasonal theme, regardless of Blizzard saying it was.

1 Like

True, it was all that was in that season though, so seems kind of comparable with a bit better PR spin this time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still as a permanent addition it is pretty nice, just a pity team is so small they can not and do a season theme and a permanent addition like this.

I know…in not sure why you tell me that, seems like you didn’t read my topic.