How do I disable Trials of Tempest?

I havent played Diablo 3 in a couple of years and I’m very excited to be hacking and slashing once again! After trying to dodge the random elemental aoe for the first levels I realized it was killing demons for me… This incredibly intrusive and unimmersive game mechanic takes me out of the game every time it activates, so how do I turn it off? Surely Blizzard wouldnt be so neglecting in their game design that they thought it would be a good idea to color the entire screen in a bright red, green, or blue glow every 90 seconds…

I almost lost my shit when it started snowing while I was in a freaking dungeon…

Easy… Don’t play season :smile:

This argument was had, and lost, weeks ago. You might be amazed to discover that the theme you’re currently experiencing is the revised “less intrusive” version of it, i.e. some of the visuals were toned down, and it got rid of the foghorn noise each time a weather effect happened.

Over on the US forums, there were even people saying they couldn’t play the season due to the theme because the regularly changing lighting and the amount of flashing was causing them headaches, migraines or epileptic seizures (whereas the base game didn’t) and Blizzard ignored all that feedback.

Heck, they even told us that despite the theme also being completely exploitable in groups, that it was totally working as designed.

I gave up on my seasonal hero on 9th July. I’ve played a little bit of non-seasonal instead, but mostly I’ve been playing other games.

1 Like