Is staff of herding still craftable (season 20)

i have a problem getting the material for crafting the staff of herding in cavarens of frost lvl 2 from the unique elite chiltara. the item name is Gibbering Gemstone. I am wondering if this item has been removed from the drop list becouse i’ve killed chiltara about 30 times now

The drop rate of the gemstone is extremely low.

Back in vanilla D3, it used to be that Chiltara had a much lower spawn rate, but when you did find her, the gibbering gemstone was a 100% drop chance.

At some point they changed her so that now she spawns a lot more often, but the gibbering gemstone has a very low drop chance.

The original way was better as, by your own experience, it’s way more frustrating finding the mob and she doesn’t drop it, than not finding the mob.

Keep at it, she’ll eventually drop it.

ye i still am killed her 10 or 15 more times since i posted :stuck_out_tongue: doing a run for the cave after every few grs, ye mob spawns about 90% of the time now so its easy to find but over all i think when it was hard to find the mob it was easyer to get the item :stuck_out_tongue:

I can confirm it drops!
I have started to farm for Gibbering Gemstone yesterday,after many hours of farming,today few minutes ago i’ve got it :smiley:
Good luck and have fun!

This hardest thing I had yet to farm in this game…