Kanai Cube Noob

I am new to DIII so I don’t understand how some of the stuff works, my question is about Kanai Cube when you click on the weapon slot or armor slot or jewelry slot it brings up a list of things that you can equip but they are all greyed out and I cannot select them I don’t know what you have to do to make them selectable if I googled it rite I think you have to do something with Archive of Tal Rasha but I still don’t understand?
Do I have to wait until I find an item that matches one of the items in the list and then extract its power with Archive of Tal Rasha and then will it appear so that I can select it?

A legendary item whose power has already been extracted will have the diamond next to the legendary power filled with yellow…

This can be confirmed by looking in the Cube’s powers…

A legendary item whose power has not yet been extracted will have the diamond next to the legendary power empty / black…

This can be confirmed by looking in the Cube’s powers…

Okay, so how to extract a power from a legendary and make it available for selection.

Open the Cube, select the first recipe (Archive of Tal Rasha) and put the legendary into the Cube…

Click the Fill button to put the required materials into the Cube…

Click the Transmute button…

You will be asked for confirmation that you want to proceed. Click OK…

This will extract the power from the legendary item. This destroys the legendary item in the process…

You can confirm the extraction by looking in the relevant section…

You could now select that power to be active…

3 Likes

Awesome thanks I think I’v got it now I have been using the cube for the first time now with some nice items in it for the first time, thanks again.

2 Likes