New DH set balance

Guys, i do not know what you are thinking about, but in 1 week of the season new DH set completely broke the game balance…i could understand that issue on PTR, but in a season production servers ??
This is a completely bullshit, how could u approve those changes ?

1 Like

All marketing, same happend with the Crus & WD set… This will be nerfed between this and next season

1 Like

Yeah it will be a miracle if they don’t tune it down next season. 90% of people are strafing now. Also one of the 2 crossbows that dh wears seems to deal more damage than intended. I 've never seen a season dominated that much by just one set. There is no reason to go for any other class now unless you spammed dh in the last 12 seasons and are sick of playing him. I made the mistake and went with Necro this season. In 4 man normal rifts and mid tier rifts, I am half a floor behind the other 3 dh every time, even if I invested mostly in speed. For pushing, the poison necro is strong don’t get me wrong but it is slow , takes a while to shine and you need ancient items.

I am all for new sets being strong to attract players but then why is this done selectively? Bone spear necro, Hydra wiz, frenzy barb? Honorable mention: monk, where poj is just the same only weaker than sunwuko.

Crus is ok now and it was never overpowered, only under seasonal buffs

1 Like

That’s debatable I think. Crusader has been, for three seasons now, the best class at killing bosses so the damage department can be considered somewhat overpowered by some. Although it is not the easiest class for play, it’s kinda of squishy and lacks any good mobility. Wd was also the undisputed king of trash clearing last season due to tremendous dps potential. Again, squishy, no way to recover if you lose your harvest stacks fighting the rguardian and takes skill to survive and time your spirit walks. It was labeled op by the majority and the devs themselves. Dh has been week in the past, although it had some decent pushing builds (rapid fire), some amazing farming speed sets (UE), and an alternative solution for groups rgk (impaler). I guess it deserves to have a strong class. However I cannot help but seiing this new set ridiculous. It can do all of the d3 activities faster and better than all of the previous op builds combined. (Solo, pushing, farming, speed, bounties, keys, groups, support, meta, paragon, trash) lol.

So, being able to solo GR150s within 24 hours of their AoV set being released to live wasn’t overpowered? Even after multiple nerfs to the shield associated with this build, they remain the de facto choice for the RGK role in 4-man GR META.

In the eu leaderboards it is 8-10 rifts below dh right now. But that is without taking into consideration the player skill or if the crusader needs many paragons to be that strong ( for that I have no idea). Also that is perhaps because more players play dh right now so the competition is tougher in the dh leaderboards

That probably has a lot to do with the new DH set being the Flavour of the Month, so loads of people are playing it, because they’re bored of pushing with AoV Crusader. Look at the 4-man leaderboards though, it’s still AoV Crusaders as the RGK.

1 Like

that was about 2 seasons and it was only cuz of seasonal buffs, but i do not remember any 150 GR solo with crus at 19th season, also i do not remember 150GR solo with crus at the 6th day of 20th season, wow, i do not ever remember 150GR in group at the 6th day of 20th season with crus )

Definitely. There are 10 times more dh players than any other class right now. Half expected to see them very highm

It was precisely because of Crusaders clearing 150s that they released…

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/23230075/patch-267a-now-live-11-20-2019#Items

Shield of Fury

• The benefit of this item now stacks up to a cap of 20
  • Developer’s Note: As many of you noted coming out of our 2.6.7 update, we also overshot on Crusader with the live patch. We love to see Crusader performing much better with it’s new set, and this cap should reign in damage to a more reasonable level

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/now-live-patch-2-6-7a-update/7413/500

Based on our previous evaluation of Crusaders being 4-7 GRs above most classes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/worldwide-non-season-era-11-12-and-13-leaderboards/15163/5

Do you recall that 2.6.7 went live with the un-nerfed Crusader, they did 150 solo within 24 hours, and that’s why we got 2.6.7a and an era reset. Why weren’t they re-addressed in 2.6.8?

https://eu.diablo3.com/en/blog/23319443/patch-268-now-live-3-3-2020#Crusader

Crusader

• Developer’s Note: We’re not convinced that this change has fully reigned in Crusader performance to be more in line with other classes. We’ll be continuing to keep an eye on overall Crusader performance (as well as performance among the other classes) in 2.6.8 and beyond.
  • Heaven’s Fury
    • The animation for the Fires of Heaven rune can no longer be cancelled early.

IT was on PTR, or no seasonal PC, all i want to say is that there is absolutely no balance between all characters, you have killed the rat runs and made absolutely disbalanced dh. I hate dh and i want to choose between necromancer fast runs and dh fast runs, i wanna choose between bazooka, carnival and wd as TK, i wanna choose between crus, dh and barb as BK and for that they all have to be at the same level, +/- 1 -2 GRs, but not like you are doing this, one season the king is Vyr, next season you are killing it completely and making disbalanced crus, next season you are realizing that crus is too powerfull, ok, lets kill it and make overpowered disbalanced dh, what gonna be next ? Hmmmm, lets nerf dh and lets kill sup barb build and will enjoy watching them trying to survive))))

I agree. My hope is the scenario you describe will come to pass after the expected/due/wishlisted balance patch, and we will have 3-4 comparable options for the meta damage roles.

did you cry about the OP Necros? They were #1 in groups and speedfarming since 2 years. GR Speedfarming - 3 necros, 1 barb, 2 mins 105 GR 2 days after season start. Ugh.
or the strong WD last season?
or that the WW Barb is strong since the buff with rend/lamentation/WW set etc (season 19)? Unchanged, not nerfed. Still good, still fun.
Finally you have a good set for DH now and you dont stop crying.

btw Barb did 138 too. So what is your problem?
stop nerfing kinda good and fun sets.
BUFF the bad sets. Wizard is garbage this season. 122 highest. Thats 16 lvl under the #1 DH & Barb. That is a shame.

Crus/WD/Monk are kinda on the same lvl. But I guess a buff wouldnt hurt them.
Its a shame that the new necro set is kinda useless and nobody is playing it. That should be a priority and not a nerf for DH. Maybe just a little tiny bit by 2% or whatever but you guys wouldnt stop complaining.

PS: the 138 barb has 1 primal. DH #1 has 5. Sooo what about a nerf for barbs, hm? :wink:
And no, I’m not a DH-fanboy. I played WD, Wiz, Barb & DH this season. Hate Necro and Crus is kinda boring (liked the hammerdin kinda build though but not strong enough I guess)

What ? )) im crying about disbalanced DH, never in all seasons no one made gr 150 in 1 week of start )))
Make DH same dmg as necros, necroruns made 117 -118 gr maximum excluding previous season buff, but necros never did 150GR in 1 week )))

make all classes at the same level, make us choose meta, not dictate it…
I agree, WD was too stong and crus also, but instead of fixing this u made a huge disbalance with DH, genius))))

Keep in mind that some of these high gr fast clears might have been accomplished due the exploit of the new seasonal theme. As for the imbalance I agree although we can all accept that dh needed a very strong build to put him again on the map with all the other top builds. Barb used to suffer from that in the past, it was like the worst class for way too many seasons. And also pretty much most of the good players are playing dh right now cause it is fresh, fast and strong so lots of pushing happening in that department. It’s just that it is way too strong and does what every class can do but better and faster. I guess rapid fire is still viable for high pushing, and multishot still great for speed torments. For the necro though I think they took a step in the right direction with the toughness buffs cause it was the most fragile class and not very solo-friendly. Poison necro is now tanky, strong, easy to play, and great for solo pushing. The new set is indeed a let down, fun to play but nothing special when you push.

1 Like

There have already been non-seasonal solo GR150 clearance by DHs using the new GoD set. Take a look at the Era 13 top 200…

http://ranks.zeroempathy.org/e13

…but the lowest paragon DH that did this was around 9500 paragon.

As much as I love DH, I completely agree with OP, hoping for a balance next patch that will make other sets on par with GoD. Strafe has never been my favourite skill and I think the playstyle is too simple, yet powerful. I am currently paragon 1000+, GR 129, pretty much without any learning, adjustments, just went straight for it with ease, and starting to get bored with it.

It’s not BS. DH has been at the bottom since seasons started. I cannot remember when they were on top.
The set is not that powerful.
It seems like it because hungering arrow requires no aiming while strafing.
Other classes still have more direct power.
Strafe just kills more efficiently on this set. It’s the same as barb Whirlrend to me. Maybe a little stronger and faster.

I’m fine with DH being good again, but non season 150 solo (Eu, at least 2 players) is like WD last season - maybe its a bit too strong, or the rest too bad :smiley: