New Ideas, hopefully

I have been playing Diablo since 2007 and have loved every second of it. During that time I, and some friends have come up with a couple ideas on how to improve current gameplay and a potentially new item/game interaction.

First would be better/more items for the followers and allow them to have access to more legendary affixes/set bonuses. This will allow more solo customization and better pushing power in GR’s and not have to always rely on the unity ring to ensure your follower doesn’t die in the first 5 seconds of a GR 110. I don’t have any more specifics on this but I would hope that at some point this was considered or part of the upcoming D4 release.

Second, and my absolute favorite, is Kadala. I think this goes without saying, but, I’m almost positive that NPC is the most disliked in all of D3. No one likes spending 30k+ blood shards on belts and not get even close to an upgrade or even the belt you need. What I would propose is something like the puzzle ring or the bovine bordice, or purchasable pieces that can be crafted into a piece of gear. This would be a gold dump, since most people are rocking billions of it at any time. At certain prices of gold you can buy pieces of an amulet/armor piece/weapon, doesn’t matter, that eventually can be forged into an item to be placed in the cube, like the aforementioned pieces. This will take you to the Kadala level where in X amount of time, players must kill X amount of monsters, scales with ancient and primal levels, to get to defeat Kadala. The item dropped after killing her, yes single item, would be a guaranteed upgrade of a piece of gear currently equipped. Now that gear would be representative of the piece crafted, regular begets regular, ancient to ancient, and so on. The gold price of these items would be semi astronomical since most high end players would be able to farm this no problem or make these items rare drop chances once a GR 110 solo is completed or higher. Kind of like the guaranteed primal at GR 70.

This is just an idea and is totally up for suggestion and tweaking. Hopefully it garners speed/popularity. Even if it doesn’t, It would be nice to see more ideas for gameplay since D3 seems a bit stale atm, especially with nothing to spend gold on.

If you read this all, thank you. If you didn’t, thank you for glancing!
Kindest Regards,
Allstate

I think you mean the artifact (templar relic/enchantress focus) that makes it so they cannnot die. The unity is just a toughness layer for you. I like the idea of strong followers by the way.

I 'd also like reforging primals. It could be an expensive recipe, sure, but it would be nice to exist. Maybe for that we can use uber bosses too (appart from the typical materials) to make them more relevant, cause right now their main purpse is hellfire amulet and there are only a handfull of builds that use it today.

Yes, both actually. I realize the certain artifact won’t let them die. But that artifact isn’t necessarily the best one. Having a tougher follower would be nice for those who enjoy single player.

For reforging primals, that would be amazing! Or have a reagent that could be purchased with gold to allow you to reroll that primal into another primal from that class, ie belt, chest, helm, and so on. I would totally farm for that and spend my billions of gold on it. I agree again with the Uber bosses being less and less relevant, especially when better sets are coming out with crazier set bonuses. Maybe a rework of those items is needed. Thanks for your input!

1 Like